Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: MyAES is here!

Postby OL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:06 pm

Kroll wrote:Hello,
I noticed some abnormalities in displaying icons in the new version of Yopla (Myaes097),
Programs like:
PHweather,
PHclock,
FTPserver,
GEMJING,
MEG
I run at system startup and does not display icons (see appendix).
Yopla_new.jpg

How to load Yopla in older version (yopla.prg file is 26,346 bytes long and yopla.rsc has 166,222 bytes, is displayed correctly (see appendix)

Yopla_old.jpg

What do you think about it?

I have clean the RSC file, put true color PNG file for your favourite program in gemsys/myaes/cicon/app/32 folder. It's true I have not yet replace cicon from old rsc file (I forgot !)
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:33 pm

OL wrote:Fix my new version of Zorro windframe, now alignment of info should be ok even with option title_x_pos=1 set in skin.cnf (this is the case with milk windframe)

That's true! 8) Thank you very much!
520 ST(M) (TOS 1.02), Falcon030 (16 MHz, 16 MB RAM, CF-Card, MiNT & MyAES), Milan040 (25 MHz, 48 MB RAM, EasyMiNT 1.90), Firebee, PowerMac G5 Late 2005 (2 x 2,3 GHz, Mac OS 10.5), iMac 4K Late 2015 (intel Core i7 4 x 3,3 GHz, Mac OS 10.11.6), IBM XT SFD (640 KB RAM, DR DOS 6.0), Compaq LTE 5300 (Pentium/133 MHz, DR-DOS 7.03), AT-PC (Cyrix 6x86L/200 MHz, Windows 98 SE/MS-DOS 6.22 & Windows 3.11)

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:40 am

OL wrote: I have clean the RSC file, put true color PNG file for your favourite program in gemsys/myaes/cicon/app/32 folder. It's true I have not yet replace cicon from old rsc file (I forgot !)

Thank you very much you are right, in this folder I found some interesting icon, and almost all looks OK, only Kronos is bad (see attachment)
Yopla.jpg

This snapshot was made under Atari Falcon with Radeon card with 16 mln coulors
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:18 am

Kroll wrote:
OL wrote: I have clean the RSC file, put true color PNG file for your favourite program in gemsys/myaes/cicon/app/32 folder. It's true I have not yet replace cicon from old rsc file (I forgot !)

Thank you very much you are right, in this folder I found some interesting icon, and almost all looks OK, only Kronos is bad (see attachment)
Yopla.jpg
This snapshot was made under Atari Falcon with Radeon card with 16 mln coulors

Yes I know I forgot to save it in true color, this 8bits PNG, I change of routine to load PNG because previous was buggy by a smaller PNG lib not buggy but not able to load such PNG file, it is able only with True color icon (32 bits). Try to save it in true color and should be fine or download this file and replace the original : http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/kronos.png

You can update your folder any icon you want display in Yopla, it is quite easy (far more easy than update an RSC file!)

Olivier
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Thanks now it is OK

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Hello,
I have another question, what I noticed recently.
If I try to run applications from the N: partition (this is a mint partition, ext2 file system), then appears the window with the file selector Choose application ... and then points to netsurf.app, then a message appears on screen
"Failed to start selected application. It may be protected or may be it is not valid program file"

Same if I try to run other applications like phgmap, troll and etc.
From another partition there is no problem.

If you just restart and run Mint with Xaaes then the application running from partition N: is OK

What do I have to change in the configuration files?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:09 pm

If I try to run applications from the N: partition (this is a mint partition, ext2 file system), then appears the window with the file selector Choose application ... and then points to netsurf.app, then a message appears on screen
"Failed to start selected application. It may be protected or may be it is not valid program file"

If you just restart and run Mint with Xaaes then the application running from partition N: is OK

Oh I see I think, I suppose this programs have no extension like .app .prg .tos .gtp .ttp ?
If it is there is nothing to do working this is a lack in MyAES, it look only to extension to run file in shel_write() but I add a new feature system in application launch as now launch is possible on any file so you have the file selector appear (this feature is used by Mdesk), but in your case this is a program without extension and I forget to look at system attribute and I think it is file as any other file. I'm going to fix this, I never use ext2 partition. Quick solution perhaps is rename the application to have a classical application extension as .prg
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:01 pm

OL wrote:

Oh I see I think, I suppose this programs have no extension like .app .prg .tos .gtp .ttp ?
If it is there is nothing to do working this is a lack in MyAES, it look only to extension to run file in shel_write() but I add a new feature system in application launch as now launch is possible on any file so you have the file selector appear (this feature is used by Mdesk), but in your case this is a program without extension and I forget to look at system attribute and I think it is file as any other file. I'm going to fix this, I never use ext2 partition. Quick solution perhaps is rename the application to have a classical application extension as .prg

Perhaps I said something wrong looking at my source code, the file selector appear only if Pexec failed and if there is no application extension, so compatiblity should be ok, so why on your ext2 Pexec fail?!!!! And why it work with XaAES I not see any reason for the moment.
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:02 pm

OL wrote:Oh I see I think, I suppose this programs have no extension like .app .prg .tos .gtp .ttp ?

Hello,
but all application on this partition have extension .app or .prg, look at a photo.
scrap.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Kroll wrote:
OL wrote:Oh I see I think, I suppose this programs have no extension like .app .prg .tos .gtp .ttp ?

Hello,
but all application on this partition have extension .app or .prg, look at a photo.
scrap.jpg

Yes this is not the reason looks like more a group ID not set or something Unix like this.

Try this version (really not sure it fix it):

http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/testmyaes.zip this is PureC version 68020
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:40 pm

OL wrote:
Yes this is not the reason looks like more a group ID not set or something Unix like this.

http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/testmyaes.zip this is PureC version 68020

Now it is much better, In this moment on this screenshot (look at photo) you can see all programs which I have on the ext2 partition and a lot works OK, for example, phwclock, phgmap, phnews (only running), phnotify., pherp
but when I try to run Netsurf I have on the screen other information "Netsurf failed to initialize", I have to check all applications.
What do you think about it now?
scrap.jpg

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Kroll wrote:
OL wrote:

Now it is much better, In this moment on this screenshot (look at photo) you can see all programs which I have on the ext2 partition and a lot works OK, for example, phwclock, phgmap, phnews (only running), phnotify., pherp
but when I try to run Netsurf I have on the screen other information "Netsurf failed to initialize", I have to check all applications.
What do you think about it now?
scrap.jpg

Oh very good news, for netsurf, I don't know for the moment.
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:09 pm

OL wrote:Oh very good news, for netsurf, I don't know for the moment.

I have just tested the other programs in this partition :)
Conholio 07 & 08 displays a message on the screen
(null): 0 - file I / O error

phvcard:
The program window appears but also the message
RSRC_LOAD error and nothing can be done, even close it properly

Phclock:
information on the screen
Can not load clock face picture (CF ** .png)

phxchng, links work OK

What do you think ?
I wonder why some programs work and others do not, all described without problems immediately start with Xaaes.

I noticed another abnormality, for example on Yopla I press the right mouse button to close or kill some process this menu appears only after a while, with a slight delay?

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:43 am

Kroll wrote:I noticed another abnormality, for example on Yopla I press the right mouse button to close or kill some process this menu appears only after a while, with a slight delay?

I've also got this short delay on my Milan040. I thought that was due to the missing power of the 68040 cpu. :) So I didn't care about this. Perhaps it's also about the implementation or support of graphic drivers in MyAES. I'm using a ATI Radeon in my Milan040 and realtime resizing of windows just works very well with XaAES. Even realtime moving of a window works without any problems in XaAES and it's also much faster on my Milan than on the Firebee. All the realtime stuff is working with MyAES, too. But it's significantly slower on my Milan than XaAES. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because XaAES is a kernel module and MyAES isn't? Or it's due to the support of the VDI and/or graphic drivers that are used by the AES? I'm no programmer so I don't really know. But MyAES is just working very fine and with a suitable speed on the Milan when turning of all realtime stuff. I hope I can test the coldfire version of MyAES very soon. I think that's going to happen at the end of the year. If it's working very well on the firebee I will use MyAES as my default AES on the Firebee in combination with EasyMiNT. 8)
520 ST(M) (TOS 1.02), Falcon030 (16 MHz, 16 MB RAM, CF-Card, MiNT & MyAES), Milan040 (25 MHz, 48 MB RAM, EasyMiNT 1.90), Firebee, PowerMac G5 Late 2005 (2 x 2,3 GHz, Mac OS 10.5), iMac 4K Late 2015 (intel Core i7 4 x 3,3 GHz, Mac OS 10.11.6), IBM XT SFD (640 KB RAM, DR DOS 6.0), Compaq LTE 5300 (Pentium/133 MHz, DR-DOS 7.03), AT-PC (Cyrix 6x86L/200 MHz, Windows 98 SE/MS-DOS 6.22 & Windows 3.11)

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:
Kroll wrote:I noticed another abnormality, for example on Yopla I press the right mouse button to close or kill some process this menu appears only after a while, with a slight delay?

I've also got this short delay on my Milan040. I thought that was due to the missing power of the 68040 cpu. :) So I didn't care about this. Perhaps it's also about the implementation or support of graphic drivers in MyAES. I'm using a ATI Radeon in my Milan040 and realtime resizing of windows just works very well with XaAES. Even realtime moving of a window works without any problems in XaAES and it's also much faster on my Milan than on the Firebee. All the realtime stuff is working with MyAES, too. But it's significantly slower on my Milan than XaAES. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because XaAES is a kernel module and MyAES isn't? Or it's due to the support of the VDI and/or graphic drivers that are used by the AES? I'm no programmer so I don't really know. But MyAES is just working very fine and with a suitable speed on the Milan when turning of all realtime stuff. I hope I can test the coldfire version of MyAES very soon. I think that's going to happen at the end of the year. If it's working very well on the firebee I will use MyAES as my default AES on the Firebee in combination with EasyMiNT. 8)

On CT60 could you try 0.96 version because realtime moving are very fast but with 0.97 not and at this moment I don't know why, there is several user under CT60 report this.
Kernel module is not faster than AES without, it is only more easy to manage system
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Kroll wrote:
OL wrote:Oh very good news, for netsurf, I don't know for the moment.

I have just tested the other programs in this partition :)
Conholio 07 & 08 displays a message on the screen
(null): 0 - file I / O error

phvcard:
The program window appears but also the message
RSRC_LOAD error and nothing can be done, even close it properly

Phclock:
information on the screen
Can not load clock face picture (CF ** .png)

phxchng, links work OK

What do you think ?
I wonder why some programs work and others do not, all described without problems immediately start with Xaaes.

I noticed another abnormality, for example on Yopla I press the right mouse button to close or kill some process this menu appears only after a while, with a slight delay?

I have no ext2 partition to test unfortunately, first change I have done was to set group for application, I don't understand why Mint not directly inherit right from application starting the new one, it is quite strange. As I do the the group assignment in appl_init() for TOS application it is impossible, so how tos application can run under ext2 partition? Except apply by itself the group change.
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:52 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:

I hope realtime moving will be better now, I have found in 0.97 a bug introduced in kernel event manager that perhaps could explain this (as I have no issue like this under Aranym I'm not sure of the result but for sure it's a new bug found). Could perhaps fix some crash but nothing relative to ext2 issue

patch file have been updated http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/patch097.zip

Olivier
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:37 pm

OL wrote:I hope realtime moving will be better now, I have found in 0.97 a bug introduced in kernel event manager that perhaps could explain this (as I have no issue like this under Aranym I'm not sure of the result but for sure it's a new bug found). Could perhaps fix some crash but nothing relative to ext2 issue

patch file have been updated http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/patch097.zip

Olivier

It might be a little bit better than before, I think. Moving and resizing windows on the desktop (Teradesk) works pretty well but when I'm trying to do the same in an application like qed, papyrus or texel there's a very long delay when moving an resizing windows. So I turned the realtime stuff off again.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:
OL wrote:I hope realtime moving will be better now, I have found in 0.97 a bug introduced in kernel event manager that perhaps could explain this (as I have no issue like this under Aranym I'm not sure of the result but for sure it's a new bug found). Could perhaps fix some crash but nothing relative to ext2 issue

Olivier

It might be a little bit better than before, I think. Moving and resizing windows on the desktop (Teradesk) works pretty well but when I'm trying to do the same in an application like qed, papyrus or texel there's a very long delay when moving an resizing windows. So I turned the realtime stuff off again.

You use Radeon videocard? Is there extra memory we ca allocate on it (as for Radeon and Supervidel on CT60)? If yes do you setup in myaes.cnf:
use_videocard_mem = true
?
Olivier
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:48 am

OL wrote:You use Radeon videocard? Is there extra memory we ca allocate on it (as for Radeon and Supervidel on CT60)? If yes do you setup in myaes.cnf:
use_videocard_mem = true
?
Olivier

I'm using an ATI Rage in my Milan. I've got the Milan ATI driver version 1.1. So I just set the parameter "CT_60_VIDEOCARD" to true and added the line "use_videocard_mem = true" to myaes.cnf. Than MyAES does a reboot when loading. I set "CT_60_VIDEOCARD" back to false and again MyAES does a reboot. So I set "use_videocard_mem" also to false. Than MyAES booted again. So I guess MyAES doesn't like my ATI videocard that much. I'm not sure if you can help in this case?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:31 am

Neurotoxic wrote:
OL wrote:You use Radeon videocard? Is there extra memory we ca allocate on it (as for Radeon and Supervidel on CT60)? If yes do you setup in myaes.cnf:
use_videocard_mem = true
?
Olivier

I'm using an ATI Rage in my Milan. I've got the Milan ATI driver version 1.1. So I just set the parameter "CT_60_VIDEOCARD" to true and added the line "use_videocard_mem = true" to myaes.cnf. Than MyAES does a reboot when loading. I set "CT_60_VIDEOCARD" back to false and again MyAES does a reboot. So I set "use_videocard_mem" also to false. Than MyAES booted again. So I guess MyAES doesn't like my ATI videocard that much. I'm not sure if you can help in this case?

Oh no it is not because MyAES don't like your video card, it's only an xbios stupid extension number used for video card develop for CT60, this xbios number to call video card is higher than 127, and xbios tos consider this number as signed so trying understand this number the TOS crash, only TOS with patched xbios can work, when you call an xbios function if this function doesn't exist TOS just return a value different from 0 and so no crash but only for value between 0 to 127 !!!!

In all case I have return from use under CT60, realtime is still not working as well as 0.96 so continue to try find the reason.
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:54 am

OL wrote:Oh no it is not because MyAES don't like your video card, it's only an xbios stupid extension number used for video card develop for CT60, this xbios number to call video card is higher than 127, and xbios tos consider this number as signed so trying understand this number the TOS crash, only TOS with patched xbios can work, when you call an xbios function if this function doesn't exist TOS just return a value different from 0 and so no crash but only for value between 0 to 127 !!!!

In all case I have return from use under CT60, realtime is still not working as well as 0.96 so continue to try find the reason.

So the XBIOS of the Milan's TOS has to be patched? I fear that this won't be done anymore. Does anyone know if "CT_60_VIDEOCARD" and "use_videocard_mem" might work with the Firebee when using an ATI Radeon video card? That would be nice.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:
OL wrote:Oh no it is not because MyAES don't like your video card, it's only an xbios stupid extension number used for video card develop for CT60, this xbios number to call video card is higher than 127, and xbios tos consider this number as signed so trying understand this number the TOS crash, only TOS with patched xbios can work, when you call an xbios function if this function doesn't exist TOS just return a value different from 0 and so no crash but only for value between 0 to 127 !!!!

So the XBIOS of the Milan's TOS has to be patched? I fear that this won't be done anymore. Does anyone know if "CT_60_VIDEOCARD" and "use_videocard_mem" might work with the Firebee when using an ATI Radeon video card? That would be nice.

I don't know if it's exist for Milan and it need I think fVDI. On firebee does ATI radeon video or supervidel card work on it? If yes probably yes.

I have updated http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/testmyaes.zip to fix a very special bug probably nobody never seen this, bug with fileselector use by an accessory program (not common!)

I have added for 68K the software masreal.prg, this application manage realtime, I'm curious to know if it is better with this version. Should be replace in "myaes/desk" folder or just quit it from application list in menu and then start this new version from the desk to compare speed.

OL
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:I'm using an ATI Rage in my Milan. I've got the Milan ATI driver version 1.1. So I just set the parameter "CT_60_VIDEOCARD" to true and added the line "use_videocard_mem = true" to myaes.cnf. Than MyAES does a reboot when loading. I set "CT_60_VIDEOCARD" back to false and again MyAES does a reboot. So I set "use_videocard_mem" also to false. Than MyAES booted again. So I guess MyAES doesn't like my ATI videocard that much. I'm not sure if you can help in this case?

I could test it on my hades with ATI MACH 64 graphics card and I have exactly the same, MyAES is booted again with I set
"use_videocard_mem = true"

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Kroll wrote:
Neurotoxic wrote:I'm using an ATI Rage in my Milan. I've got the Milan ATI driver version 1.1. So I just set the parameter "CT_60_VIDEOCARD" to true and added the line "use_videocard_mem = true" to myaes.cnf. Than MyAES does a reboot when loading. I set "CT_60_VIDEOCARD" back to false and again MyAES does a reboot. So I set "use_videocard_mem" also to false. Than MyAES booted again. So I guess MyAES doesn't like my ATI videocard that much. I'm not sure if you can help in this case?

I could test it on my hades with ATI MACH 64 graphics card and I have exactly the same, MyAES is booted again with I set
"use_videocard_mem = true"

This is normal
OL

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”