Majhong like SDL game

All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Majhong like SDL game

Postby Ektus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:37 am

Okay, after setting the environment variable SDL_VIDEODRIVER=gem it does start. Starting from within a shell prints two debug messages and one error alert. "avant appl_control", alert "Wrong AES call 129[cancel]", "apres appl_control". At this point, the game window is drawn.

As has been reported here earlier, I've got to click and hold for 1s or longer to select a tile. This is not the case on the CT2A machine in full screen mode, where clicks register instantly.

Regards
Ektus.
Schneider CPC464 (long retired), Atari Mega ST4 (retired), Falcon+CT2A, Falcon+CT63+CTPCI+Radeon 9250, Milan040+SCSI+Rage

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Ektus wrote:Okay, after setting the environment variable SDL_VIDEODRIVER=gem it does start. Starting from within a shell prints two debug messages and one error alert. "avant appl_control", alert "Wrong AES call 129[cancel]", "apres appl_control". At this point, the game window is drawn.

As has been reported here earlier, I've got to click and hold for 1s or longer to select a tile. This is not the case on the CT2A machine in full screen mode, where clicks register instantly.

Regards
Ektus.

Hello,

it's very nice report, I forgot some debug message, but the good news I know now why under TOS it stop!

And perhaps I know why it is slow in your config. New version test very soon.

Olivier
OL

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jury » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:27 pm

OL wrote:could you try this?

http://gem.lutece.net/download/lopan2060.zip

It use by default the gemdos driver for keyboard, it's a bit slower but I think far more compatible. Let me know if you have still the issue.

Well, so far I have played this new version only one time, but right after starting it, I selected first ( or second tile ) and the tile set has changed to the second one. So, it seems that those ghost key presses are still happening.

And if it goes about slowness, I have not noticed it, I would even say that its opposite. The previous version is hiper-fast on my Falcon setup, but this new version seems to be hiper-ultra-super-fast :)

Big thanks for your support!

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:36 pm

jury wrote:
OL wrote:could you try this?

http://gem.lutece.net/download/lopan2060.zip

It use by default the gemdos driver for keyboard, it's a bit slower but I think far more compatible. Let me know if you have still the issue.

Well, so far I have played this new version only one time, but right after starting it, I selected first ( or second tile ) and the tile set has changed to the second one. So, it seems that those ghost key presses are still happening.

And if it goes about slowness, I have not noticed it, I would even say that its opposite. The previous version is hiper-fast on my Falcon setup, but this new version seems to be hiper-ultra-super-fast :)

Big thanks for your support!

Fixed now, compilation issue, gem mode debug message and AES call mistake fixed.

gem mode with Mint + AES crash, Mint with MyAES, XaAES work

Test file updated

Olivier
OL

Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Ektus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:37 pm

Testing... okay, debug messages and AES error message are gone, it's still working on the Radeon in 1920x1200x16M, very good.
It's still very slow in accepting the mouse click.
Do I have to globally install (and update) a SDL library?

Regards
Ektus.
Schneider CPC464 (long retired), Atari Mega ST4 (retired), Falcon+CT2A, Falcon+CT63+CTPCI+Radeon 9250, Milan040+SCSI+Rage

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:47 pm

Ektus wrote:Testing... okay, debug messages and AES error message are gone, it's still working on the Radeon in 1920x1200x16M, very good.
It's still very slow in accepting the mouse click.
Do I have to globally install (and update) a SDL library?

Regards
Ektus.

Nothing to install all is included.

This small click, I'm going to check again perhaps I have done a mistake, ut work very fast under MyAES but it work a bit differently on this AES perhaps there is something wrong on my test, I have same slow click on XaAES and not depend of the power of the computer same under Aranym JIT.

Olivier
OL

Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Ektus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:30 pm

I've been testing on my Milan, running MagiC and a screen resolution of 1600x1200x64k on the 3D Rage IIC graphics card. Without the SDL_VIDEODRIVER=gem setting, there's an error message "Couldn't set display mode: Can not allocate 500 KB for buffer 0"

With that variable set, the system crashes with "*** SPEICHERBLOCK DURCH BENUTZERPROGRAMM ZERSTÖRT:" (error message from MagiC, memory protection error) and has to be reset.

The same machine running FreeMiNT 1-16 and XaAES 0.998 without the env variable yields the same "display mode" error. With the variable set, it runs if i change into the program directory when started from a shell. Otherwise, there's an error "Failed to load a tile set, code 1". That's with 1280x1024x65k. It is playable, but yet again needs long clicks (1s+) to select a tile.

Regrads
Ektus.

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jury » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Besides ghost pressing of F1 and F2 key, also on quite regular basis I experience much worse case, Esc key, which leaves game automatically!

Social Media

Return to “Games”