All about modules/digital tunes in a variety of tracker & sampled formats

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

olivierg
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Sound Construction Set for ACN soundtrack hardware

Postby olivierg » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:08 am

Hello,

Someone would have the software 'Sound Construction Set' for the cartridge 'ACN soundTrack'?

Thanks
Olivier
TT030 4/32 TOS 3.06 SCSI2SD 5.x HD, Mega STE 4Mb TOS 2.06 DD, Mega ST4 DD miniCosmosEX, Mega ST2 DD, 1040 STE DD, 2 x 1040STFM DD, 2 x 1040STF, MegaFile 30, Lynx 1

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Sound Construction Set for ACN soundtrack hardware

Postby Atari74user » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:49 am

Here we go, try this, a little bit of info I put on the WIKI too:

http://www.atari-wiki.com/index.php/Sample_Maker_Pro

ACNSOUND.MSA

It is not strictly the Sound Construction Set, can't say I have come across it however this may prove useful too: http://www.planetemu.net/rom/atari-st-a ... resolution, not sure, however together with the cartridge I believe they are known as the 'set'?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, Dual 8gb CF, Steinberg FDI & Analog 8
Atari Jaguar, Rotary controller, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Atari74user wrote:Here we go, try this, a little bit of info I put on the WIKI too:

http://www.atari-wiki.com/index.php/Sample_Maker_Pro

Is there a way to submit info on missing samplers? In Finland a guy called Juha Valtanen did a home made sound digitizer in 1988 which got a story in a national computer magazine at the time.
I have the software archived and and an old bw photo of the device.

http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari ... 31580.html

http://www.atarimania.com/documents/bit ... b-8-88.pdf
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:16 pm

That's interesting, awesome!

Funny you say that, I have moved that list of samplers whether they be 'pro' or 8-bit lo-fi to my own hobbyist website. I have been tidying it up, but I have a 'to do' list of samplers I am aware of, about 12 or so if I recollect which I have come across but have yet to find more information etc... I was thinking of adding that list to my own site, still to be published, possibly even the WIKI.

I am aware that there will be samplers I am not aware of, I imagine from Germany and Poland in particular that didn't get reported into any English speaking publications. This Finnish sampler is a beautiful example. Could I use that to add to the list, of course you deserve the credit for providing said detail?

This is another example from Yerzmyey, I remember he posted here to ask does anybody know this, any accompanying software, but I can't find any references:

http://ym-digital.i-demo.pl/soft.html

There are others of course, it would be nice to get as close as possible to a complete list, not that we will ever know every single sampler, but the truth is out there, cue X-Files music :P
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

olivierg

Postby olivierg » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:26 am

Many thanks, both software works with the cartridge.

I just did not understand the principle of 2 inputs and outputs, I do not see a 'function' stereo.

Olivier
TT030 4/32 TOS 3.06 SCSI2SD 5.x HD, Mega STE 4Mb TOS 2.06 DD, Mega ST4 DD miniCosmosEX, Mega ST2 DD, 1040 STE DD, 2 x 1040STFM DD, 2 x 1040STF, MegaFile 30, Lynx 1

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:52 am

olivierg wrote:Many thanks, both software works with the cartridge.

No problem, glad to help! I always thought this was indeed a mono sampler according to references. It may be the phono left and right unbalanced connectors were just for ease of connection. Saves the need for a Y-splitter in many cases, depending what you are connecting to of course.

olivierg

Postby olivierg » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:19 pm

You're right, I did the drawings and this is it.
http://www.gossuin.be/index.php/520-et-1040-stx

Olivier

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Very cool schematics, appreciated! I am aware of your beautiful creations, keep up the very good work!
:cheers:

Social Media

Return to “The Digital Department”