some newbie questions about STe/maxYMiser...

All about chiptunes

Moderators: lotek_style, Mug UK, Moderator Team

some newbie questions about STe/maxYMiser...

Postby pulselooper » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:00 am

hi folks, first time here in this great forum. although I make tracker music for a while, I just grabbed an atari STe and maxYMiser and it's a whole new world for me. I'm still studying the manual but I got some questions:

when I save a maxymiser instrument, I can't load it later. I go to load/instr and just can't see the instruments in the disk. why is that?

if I use samples in a song, save it as .snd and open it in some snd player, will it play the sample channels? (I'm just asking it because I know not all ST models have sample channels as STe)

what do I do when my maxymiser floppy disk gets full with songs, instruments and samples? sure, I should make a backup of all of them, but what if I have to play it live? (specially if I will use lots of samples, who knows). Is there any way in ST I could, like, put all the samples/instruments/songs in one floppy - separated from maxymiser floppy - and throw it in ST ram or something like that?

thanks for your time and hope you can help me out! :cheers:
pulselooper
Atarian
Atarian

Re: some newbie questions about STe/maxYMiser...

Postby DEADBEATBLAST » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 pm

hey, not to sure about your saving issues. But I think you'd benefit from an external hard drive. Saving songs and samples constantly on disc would be a hassle. try searching ultrasatan. It's the latest SD card compatible HD for Atari.
http://www.deadbeatblast.com
DEADBEATBLAST
Atarian
Atarian

Return to Ym rockin'