Eliminator Piano Cover

All about chiptunes

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Eliminator Piano Cover

Postby 607 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:18 am

Hi, it's me again!
I decided to create a new topic for this... I do piano covers sometimes (in fact, almost all the time, but I don't often take the time to actually finish, record, and upload what I learn), and yesterday I uploaded a cover I'm quite proud of!
It's of the Eliminator theme! I hope some of you will know it. It's a lovely, warm tune. It also seems impossible to play on piano, especially in certain parts, but I was able to arrange it quite well, I feel like. ^.^ I am covering it at about half speed, as the full speed is just way too fast to humanly play. ;) I can play it a little faster, but I'd be more likely to make mistakes that way, and this tune sounds amazing both at very high and fairly low speeds!!
Enough explanation... here's the video! :D

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Eliminator Piano Cover

Postby Dal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Ooooh now there’s a nice idea! Good job there - I may be tempted to have a go at this myself. Spent many years playing pop covers, never really considered trying to rearrange chip tunes for piano before.
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Very nice!!
:cheers:
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

dma
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dma » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Nice job man, this theme is always sweet to hear.
And the part at 1:17, goose bumps, everytime. :)

Postby 607 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:04 am

Thank you, you guys! :D

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby NGF » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:28 am

Good job! Eliminator is one of my favorite ST games and the music is underrated, thank you for your arranged piano :cheers:
Have you considered doing the ingame music also?
"4160" STE with Ultrasatan | Falcon 030 14MB with CF-reader | TT030 | STacy | 520STFM x 2 | 520ST x 2

mzry
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mzry » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:46 pm

I don't see a link to hear this music?
Falcon ct63e 060 - 256mb ram - phantom bus and dsp accel // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - SCSI2SD - Lightning VME - USB LAN - Ati Mach64

lotek_style
Mod(ul)erator
Mod(ul)erator

Postby lotek_style » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm

MP3 download? :)
lotek style / the sirius cybernetics corporation
- musician - ascii-artist - swapper - archivist -

.tSCc. - low-tech atari cyberpunks since 1990
http://www.tscc.de/ | http://demozoo.org/ | http://www.lotekstyle.de/ | http://ymrockerz.atari.org/

Postby 607 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:21 pm

NGF wrote:Good job! Eliminator is one of my favorite ST games and the music is underrated, thank you for your arranged piano :cheers:
Have you considered doing the ingame music also?

I have to admit, I only played a few minutes of the game and then gave up, as a kid. :P The title theme always stuck with me, though.
I'll have to check out the in-game music some time! (I found a video on YouTube, but I'll have to be able to hear it without sound effects disturbing the music. :P)
Thank you for your comment!

mzry wrote:I don't see a link to hear this music?

There's an embedded YouTube video.

lotek_style wrote:MP3 download? :)

To what? The video audio? :P In that case, can't you just use an online service to convert it?

And as a bonus: here's a retro cover I did a while ago: the title theme for the PC version of Bubble Dizzy. I can play the in-game theme too which is awesome, but I haven't yet recorded a performance of it, as I haven't been practising it enough, and can't do it up to my own standards.
I did also cover The Great Giana Sisters' title theme and Hall of Fame theme, but both of those performances are not as good as I'd like them to be, so perhaps I'll redo them one day. :P (I'm not sure what I'd do with the old videos then, though. I could probably unlist them and post a link in the description of the new video, for those who'd still like to see the original cover.)

Greyfox™
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Greyfox™ » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Excellent rendition of this classic game tune. There was two albums of music rewritten in piano form done for the Amiga a couple of years back to which was brilliant..we need something of this nature for the Atari ST side of things ..I can cover any artwork you may need if this was considered a serious production from I'm sure a collective of talented musicians here at the forum willing to get involved?

The ST scene is long over due a high quality production since the Atari Crypt Volume one digizine mag ;)
↓↓Click Banner to See More↓↓
-== Making Atari great once more ==-

Social Media

Return to “Ym rockin'”