SuperCC (Super Captive Companion)

Requests for manuals and detailed information on playing games

Moderators: Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, Moderator Team

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:00 pm

Yeah, that's nice! :D

For the outside icons, I can mofidy them if you want. I could put the correct trees icons and did something better. I had even almost finish the inside icons though.

Oh, and something that could be interesting (if you're able):

:arrow: Change the graphic set of the base (walls, floor, ceiling...)

For now, my computer is down and currently under repair. So, I can't test the program for now. :(
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Lyverbe
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Lyverbe » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:21 pm

DragonsLover wrote:Yeah, that's nice! :D

For the outside icons, I can mofidy them if you want. I could put the correct trees icons and did something better. I had even almost finish the inside icons though.

Oh, and something that could be interesting (if you're able):

:arrow: Change the graphic set of the base (walls, floor, ceiling...)

For now, my computer is down and currently under repair. So, I can't test the program for now. :(

I really doubt the graphic set of the base can be changed because only the required graphic is loaded in memory when entering the base. When I was playing with the encounter types, I was asking to display encounters that wouldn't be loaded in and I'd get really screwed up encounter graphics.

I already did some other things for the next release like adding an "About box" and prevent Trill from being weakened, a request I don't understand. I mean, just... don't shoot him :)

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how the solutions of the iris doors are stored. I don't see any logic in the saved bytes. When (or "if") that's figured out, I'll show the solution when the mouse hovers the door.
The Ultimate Captive Guide: http://captive.atari.org

WillieSea
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby WillieSea » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:28 pm

I already did some other things for the next release like adding an "About box" and prevent Trill from being weakened, a request I don't understand. I mean, just... don't shoot him

Sometimes I shoot him by accident when there is a monster in front of him, monster dies, and left over ammo hits Trill. Or is this just myself that has this problem shooting guns? :wink:
I guess I get a bit wild when you put a gun in my hand. Bwuuhahahaa! :roll:

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:32 pm

WillieSea wrote:Sometimes I shoot him by accident when there is a monster in front of him, monster dies, and left over ammo hits Trill. Or is this just myself that has this problem shooting guns?

Just let the iris door closed at all times. When you're done with the SS, open the iris door and that's all, you can finish the mission! Of course, if the Trill is surounded by fire: Watch out!

Something you could do, Lyverbe, is that, when clicking on "Weaken all", just do the reverse for the Trill: set him with a max of armor, defense... and make him the "strongest". However, it would be strange that 8 fireballs from Flame Throwers won't kill him! :P

Oh, and I got my computer earlier as expected, so I tested you program under Win98SE and it works great! :D However, I encounter a bug in the Map Viewer : when I click on "Show Encounters" the Encounter window appears. But when I click back on the Map Viewer, the program crashes! That's all. Everything else seems fine!

Another thing: When I change the Mission number, the moons and planets don't change place on the holomap, only the names are changing. Do you know if you can correct that?

FireSledge
Atarian
Atarian

Postby FireSledge » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:03 pm

SuperCC gave me some ideas ! I wrote a small program to find and display the path from the current droid location to a user-selected destination. It stops by clipboards (including those dropped by the monsters), computers and cupboards required to open the doors and walls blocking the path.

It works exactly like SuperCC, just run STEem/Captive with 1 MB RAM, enter a base then run the program when you want to find your path. Enter the coordinates of the place you want to go to. You'll have to count the cells on a map with the help of another tool like SuperCC. Start from the top-left corner, this first cell is at the (0, 0) coordinates.

The user interface is text mode, I know this is not very convenient! However I included the source code, if Lyverbe wants to put it into SuperCC and give it a beautiful interface. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:15 am

Nice! :D

I'm curious what Lyverbe would say about that!

Lyverbe
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Lyverbe » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:59 am

I've updated SuperCC in the first post. I've started another project, so that should be the last release of SuperCC.

- Added an "About" box
- Trill is no longer affected by the "Weaken All" button
- Hovering over an iris door displays its unlock sequence in the map viewer
- Fixed the problem where closing the encounter box while being in the map viewer would not uncheck the "Show Encounter" box
- Slightly darkened the grid lines
- Updated the map icons with DragonsLover's work (Thanks again Mike!)
- Item editor works with items that don't have quality spec (ie. gold bag can be set to have more than 255 pieces)

I should be updating the UCG tomorrow to include SuperCC in the tool section.

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:02 pm

Error window:

"Steem process not found"

Strangely, Steem is open and Captive is running while I try to open SuperCC. :?:

Note that I did change the version of Steem. I'm now using the last French version of Steem (3.2) while running the program. Is the program compatible with it?

Lyverbe
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Lyverbe » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:54 am

It looks for an application called "steem.exe". If the executable is under a different name, then you'll get "Steem process not found."

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:42 am

But IT IS Steem.exe! Look!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lyverbe
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Lyverbe » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:42 am

I didn't get that error with my version of Steem and SuperCC.

So I installed the french version of Steem. Still nothing.

I downloaded the version of SuperCC I updated in this thread and ran it while the french version of Steem was running. I got the "Steem process not found.". Wow, that's odd.

I run the english version of Steem with this SuperCC, no error. I run the french version of Steem to see the name of its process, but this time, SuperCC runs fine. I never could get the "Steem process not found" again. I only managed to get it once.

I don't get it. Anyone else getting this error? Is it a question of "steemupdater.exe" locking the process to deny its "All access" privilege?

DragonsLover: Try the version on UCG in the Tools section. It's slightly different (version and date updated in "About" box). Who knows...

WillieSea
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby WillieSea » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:59 am

Lyverbe wrote:I don't get it. Anyone else getting this error? Is it a question of "steemupdater.exe" locking the process to deny its "All access" privilege?

I turned off the 'updater' since there are no new versions of STEEM, and probably will never be. :( I did'nt need it looking for something that would never be there.

It was a drain on my computer for the errors it would generate. (It gives statistics on the tries and fails.)

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:01 am

I deleted and reinstalled Steem and it doesn't change anything. I got the same error message. I tried the version taken on UCG, doesn't change anything too. :(

FireSledge
Atarian
Atarian

Postby FireSledge » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:16 pm

FireSledge wrote:The user interface is text mode, I know this is not very convenient!

I updated the thing and it has now a graphic interface. I used some DragonsLover's icons. I also added a few other features (shows puzzle solutions and door passwords, accessed levels for holes/ladders/elevators, etc.)

And merry xmas to all !

slothmaster
Atarian
Atarian

NOOOO!!

Postby slothmaster » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:03 pm

Guys, I've done real bad.
I'm on map 3 level 3(4) and really want to use this God program to stop me going over the same places I've been before.

I downloaded it but couldn't get it to work. I've been playing the game in 1/2 meg not full meg and saving it using screen shots.

I know, I know. You need one full meg, no more, no less. Sigh :(

Do you know anyway of creating a virtual floppy disk I could save the most recent game to then restart in full meg mode? I've looked in as many places as I can think of and they all go on about real drives.
Or is there anything else I could do?

I really don't want to start from the begining again!

Any helping hints would be most greatfully appreciated,

Craig

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:07 am

Just go in the Disk Manager and right-click to show the menu. Select "Create a Custom Disk Image". Then set the Sides to 2, 80 Tracks per Side, 10 Sectors per Track and 512 Bytes per Sector (this is what is shown to me). Then, put the disk image file in the emulated drive without doing a reset. Go back to your game. Click on the Disk icon and select Format. Format the disk image. Once done, select a slot of save game to save your game. It should work fine! Once done, restart Captive with the correct configs of Steem and load your game. Keep a memory snapshot in case of problem.

Enjoy!

FireSledge
Atarian
Atarian

Postby FireSledge » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:40 am

I released another version, fixing a few bugs :
http://ldesoras.free.fr/games/captivegod-1.01.zip

Social Media

Return to “Doc Disks, Manuals & Instructions”