Atari Compendium

GFA, ASM, STOS, ...

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Atari Compendium

Postby viking272 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:14 pm

There are a number of resources dotted around for the Atari Compendium.

I've hosted an HTML version I found on a malware site and cleaned it up, some 12 years ago.

Tonight I've spent some time and edited the HTML to make it a little more readable.

Old URLs should still work but this one is the main one now:

http://www.yardley.cc/atari/compendium/index.html

:cheers:

Atarieterno
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Atari Compendium

Postby Atarieterno » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:01 am

Good job!
Thanks.

:cheers:
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

dma
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dma » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:59 am

Yes, one great resource!

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:54 am

viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby viking272 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:24 am

I was thinking of adding the Errata details into the main part of the book, so the content is fully updated with errors noticed after the book and CD were sold. http://www.yardley.cc/atari/compendium/ ... errata.htm

Not sure if that has been done somewhere else before?

Nice link mikro, happy that they co-exist! :-)

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:41 pm

viking272: it has been done in that hypertext, too. :)

Strictly speaking, it's still an illegal "copy" of the book but with all the html versions around I guess nobody cares anymore.

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Really, all Mr. Sanders did was reorganize Atari's pile of binders (devkit) into a book. If you ask me, his copyright only applies to the presentation style, not the information contained within, which belongs to Atari. ;)
Last edited by lp on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyprian
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby Cyprian » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:13 pm

mikro, both documenst are very usefull, but viking272's one has two advantages: the main menu is always available on the left side, and nicely rescale to higher resolution.
Lynx II / Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby viking272 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:31 pm

mikro wrote:viking272: it has been done in that hypertext, too. :)

Strictly speaking, it's still an illegal "copy" of the book but with all the html versions around I guess nobody cares anymore.

Yes I checked a few Errata changes and they are included in the Hypertext. However there were a few versions of the Errata which were done the year before this one. (I updated Dev Docs with the newer Errata a few months ago but not sure if it was the last Errata).

What I did want to ask is whether there are any incomplete areas, or something else that was missed out?

As for copyright, I'm happy to acknowledge the owners and take no credit (as I just made it more readable)... I just want to make sure this resource is available for those who are looking for it :D

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:29 pm

viking272 wrote:
mikro wrote:viking272: it has been done in that hypertext, too. :)

Yes I checked a few Errata changes and they are included in the Hypertext. However there were a few versions of the Errata which were done the year before this one. (I updated Dev Docs with the newer Errata a few months ago but not sure if it was the last Errata).

What I did want to ask is whether there are any incomplete areas, or something else that was missed out?

As for copyright, I'm happy to acknowledge the owners and take no credit (as I just made it more readable)... I just want to make sure this resource is available for those who are looking for it :D

Thanks again for the updated errata. There's a PDF of the actual book at devdocs that appears to be searchable. You asked if there's stuff missing. I think it's missing quite a few MiNT calls, like ssystem(), the socket calls, and more. When I was researching these calls to add them to GFABASIC I had to dig through the FreeMiNT repo. ;)

Social Media

Return to “Coding”