Ultimate Ripper Cartridge

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

Re: Ultimate Ripper Cartridge

Postby spiny » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:55 am

I've just managed to aquire one of these :)

as a non-coder, is it worth keeping hold of ? my days of ripping fonts from menus and demos are long over, I draw my own now :) and I don't know enough about coding to make use of the other features.
spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Postby MatAtari » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:01 pm

The Ultimate Ripper v1.2 cartridge, eproms image comes with manual and scanned board layout : Found it here http://atari4ever.free.fr/#other
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MatAtari
Atarian
Atarian

Postby theatarian » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 pm

I had great fun with this cartridge. Depending on what tos version you use, you can use it to boot into device monst. There are a lot of features not documented.

I bought the supermon/ultimate ripper cartridge when power computing did it, and it was bugged to hell.... Well t didn't work, they said it was impossible to have the two without the bugs!!!

Anyway I asked permission to play with it and they told me I could do anything I wanted with it, so I got it working properly as it should. I asked for this in writing and they gave it me.

I also disassembled the ripper cartridge byte by byte, took me 3 months, and the first time I compiled it, it worked. I did start writing my own as things like the PC would have been handy when using the ring interrupt, which is a very handy tool. There was a lot of redundant code in the cartridge itself.

Maybe, depending how things go, I may be able to make it falcon friendly.

Steve
theatarian
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Shredder11 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:15 pm

The responses in this topic http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22923&p=204750&hilit=ultimate+ripper#p204610 thread suggested I may have the same cartridge. What do you think? It is made by Care Electonics.
Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Previous

Return to Hardware