Loading multiple images from GoTek FlashFloppy help please

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

sydtheslipprey
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Loading multiple images from GoTek FlashFloppy help please

Postby sydtheslipprey » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:13 am

Hello i'm still a total newbie to sort thing please be gentle and assume i know nothing much

Here is my problem i have a internal GoTek drive with FlashFloppy v2.13 firmware with HxCFloppyEmulator Manager v1.46

I need to load a file from HxCFloppyEmulator Manager v1.46 which i can do fine into desktop then load another file HxCFloppyEmulator Manager v1.46 without rebooting not sure how this done any help really appreciated thank's

Dunno if this was the right place to post this thread so move if it's needed

tzok
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Loading multiple images from GoTek FlashFloppy help please

Postby tzok » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:26 pm

You can use up to 999 slots in HxC Manager, you boot to HxC Manager, assign images to slots, and reboot at first image, then you may switch between these slots at any time using Up/Down buttons on the Gotek drive.

sydtheslipprey
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby sydtheslipprey » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:11 am

Is there a way of loading the first image then NOT rebooting or resetting for other images?

sydtheslipprey
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby sydtheslipprey » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:11 am

Is there a way of loading the first image then NOT rebooting or resetting for other images?
Dunno how i double posted please remove

tzok
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby tzok » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:53 am

You may fill all the 999 slots with images (no need to boot to the first selected image right away), and then switch them by buttons on the Gotek drive. There is no other way to exit the image loader than reset. Most games are self booting disks, so it would be pointless anyway. You may attach a display and rotary encoder to Gotek and use it to select images, instead of using loader. Now, HxC firmware supports an OSD menu to select images (it requires a slight h/w mod to the computer to plug in the video overlay).

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”