Packaging and shipment of computers and complementary devices.

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Packaging and shipment of computers and complementary devices.

Postby Atarieterno » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:35 pm

When we buy computers and other Atari devices, we have all suffered the risk of breakage during transport that increases with a inadequate packaging.
I use the "sandwich" method, consists in stuffing inside a box with padded elements, inserting the device, closing the box and wrapping it outside with padded elements, and finally inserting it into another box that will be closed with adhesive tape. The corners are reinforced conveniently with double padded elements and with double cardboard.
I think this is enough for a normal shipment, but obviously it does not support a dinosaur to dance on it or that a postal employee addresses their frustrations about the package (as seen in some internet videos).
I will listen to your opinions, suggestions or experiences to improve the security of our shipments.
Greetings.

Empaquetado - 01.jpg

Empaquetado - 02.jpg

Empaquetado - 03.jpg

Empaquetado - 04.jpg

Empaquetado - 05.jpg

Empaquetado - 06.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Packaging and shipment of computers and complementary devices.

Postby Rustynutt » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Prretty much same as I pack. Extra bucks and time. I know everyone wants a deal, some things sold can not be replaced. Insurance is fine, but good luck getting the USPS, UPS or FEDEX to pay up on a crushed near 2k Falcon. Been happily selling outside eBay this year, have noticed they now offer their own insurance. Pays in days instead of weeks, and with the ability to track the purchase, and like ones is likely the best way to go to protect buyer and seller. Fortunately I only have one Falcon left to sell, then breath a sigh of relief without worry. Can say with 83.6873% I won't be purchasing any more:) Out of my price range!

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”