NetUSBee USB drivers download

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Perdrix24
Atari User
Atari User

NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby Perdrix24 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:49 pm

I've created an updated package of the USB drivers, attached.

We now have a functional mouse driver. The mass storage driver transfer rates were increased by 200% for the 68000 (now 118 kb/s), 100% for the 68030 (Falcon, 300 kb/s) and 50% for the 68060 (450 kb/s).

It is now possible to use the Lightning VME keyboard driver (TOS 2 or later required).

For the Atari ST/TT/Falcon running TOS, MagiC, FreeMiNT or EmuTOS with a NetUSBee cartridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby wongck » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Perdrix24 wrote:We now have a functional mouse driver. The mass storage driver transfer rates were increased by 200% for the 68000 (now 118 kb/s), 100% for the 68030 (Falcon, 300 kb/s) and 50% for the 68060 (450 kb/s).

:thumbs: great work guys !! :D :angel:
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Rustynutt » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Gotta be the most dedicated part, the drivers!
Thanks

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Wow, fantastic news, I will check fot others devices (mouse and keyboard)
Thanks

Spoddy
Atarian
Atarian

It just doesn't want to run

Postby Spoddy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:01 am

I've got an old stock 1040STF, and i'm getting two bombs when loading USB.PRG with V2 & V3.
Booting off floppy (US disconnected).

I know the cartridge is working, because I can use someone else's mouse driver with it just fine.

Also ran the test program. That came up clean, too.

Any advice?

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MacFalcon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:49 am

Awesome work!!! Thank you so much!
Falcon060, 100/25 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, PhantomPBS, CTPCI with Radeon, USB and Network Card. atari rulez!

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: It just doesn't want to run

Postby frank.lukas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:19 pm

Spoddy wrote:I've got an old stock 1040STF, and i'm getting two bombs when loading USB.PRG with V2 & V3.
Booting off floppy (US disconnected).

I know the cartridge is working, because I can use someone else's mouse driver with it just fine.

Also ran the test program. That came up clean, too.

Any advice?

I think the Atari USB Stack need a HDD and a HDD Driver to work. I use HDDriver ...
fancy Atari Musik anDA Dance "Agare Hinu Harukana" 1998 ATARI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX10fxb5eYE

Spoddy
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Spoddy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Sooo, at 2am this morning, I got it working. Kinda.
The weird part is that I have umouse.prg (can't remember where it's from). If I load that first, NetUSBee's usb.prg, and storage.prg load, but netusbee.prg hangs. I didn't leave it long enough to see if it's just a network timeout as I've not plugged any network into it yet (and can't be arsed to make a loopback plug right now.)
NetUSBee's own mouse.prg just doesn't want to work at all, in any combination.

HDDriver - I'm using ICD for the moment. Guess it's time to put down for HDDriver. Seems like that's what everyone else is using and testing with anyway.

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby czietz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:46 pm

You cannot use umouse.org and usb.prg in parallel.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Haven't tried these yet, but does this mouse driver support a scroll wheel?

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:02 pm

HDDriver is only needed if you want to partition your USB mass storage device from your ATARI. For accessing the USB device is not needed.

Spoddy
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Spoddy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:06 am

czietz wrote:You cannot use umouse.org and usb.prg in parallel.

Yeah, kinda get that. :)
TheNameOfTheGame wrote:Haven't tried these yet, but does this mouse driver support a scroll wheel?

Not that I have seen. Considering these machines pre-date mouse wheels by a number of years, I doubt it.
Galvez wrote:HDDriver is only needed if you want to partition your USB mass storage device from your ATARI. For accessing the USB device is not needed.

Also for a DOS compatible card for moving data between a PC and the ST.

Perdrix24
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Perdrix24 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:44 am

The super-latest version of mouse.prg supports the scroll wheel: https://bintray.com/freemint/freemint/d ... sb4tos.zip

But not for all mouse wheels (too long story). Try it and report if it works for you! The wheel mimics arrow up and down; also the third button, often the wheel pressed down, mimics the Enter key.

Normally, you can use the drivers without a hard disk, by booting from floppy.

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:34 pm

Spoddy wrote:
Galvez wrote:HDDriver is only needed if you want to partition your USB mass storage device from your ATARI. For accessing the USB device is not needed.

Also for a DOS compatible card for moving data between a PC and the ST.

Another alternative is to use BigDos to access devices with regular FAT16 partitions.

LaceySnr
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby LaceySnr » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Spoddy wrote:HDDriver - I'm using ICD for the moment. Guess it's time to put down for HDDriver. Seems like that's what everyone else is using and testing with anyway.

Do the ICD tools (partitioner etc.) work for you? I've had zero luck with ICD so far. Choosing "Install Devices" gives me icons but ICD just doesn't see the disk/partitions.

Tried my Logitech Wireless mouse, works for a few seconds but then causes a crash. Will have to find something a little older to try out.

Spoddy
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Spoddy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 pm

ICD was a bust, TBH. I bought HDDriver, and all the NetUSBee programs worked without an issue. Though UIP still appears to load and then just quit (no bombs). With HDDriver, I don't need to worry about that as I now have an SD card with a DOS partition for transferring files.

I'm in the middle of Exxos' 4Mb upgrade right now, so no progress on other stuff yet. On the cards are 1.44Mb floppy upgrade, and maybe a new modern PSU.

Spoddy
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Spoddy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Perdrix24 wrote:The super-latest version of mouse.prg supports the scroll wheel

That's awesome - however, I now have Tom2, and that works sooo well. My old ST mouse is now wrapped up and sitting on the other side of the desk.

LaceySnr

Postby LaceySnr » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:59 am

Spoddy wrote:ICD was a bust, TBH. I bought HDDriver, and all the NetUSBee programs worked without an issue. Though UIP still appears to load and then just quit (no bombs). With HDDriver, I don't need to worry about that as I now have an SD card with a DOS partition for transferring files.

I'm in the opposite scenario, UIP is working great so it's hard to justify the spend on the driver just to get USB sticks working! That said, UIP doesn't like dragging in or creating folders, wish that worked!

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:17 am

LaceySnr wrote:
Spoddy wrote:ICD was a bust, TBH. I bought HDDriver, and all the NetUSBee programs worked without an issue. Though UIP still appears to load and then just quit (no bombs). With HDDriver, I don't need to worry about that as I now have an SD card with a DOS partition for transferring files.

I'm in the opposite scenario, UIP is working great so it's hard to justify the spend on the driver just to get USB sticks working! That said, UIP doesn't like dragging in or creating folders, wish that worked!

As I wrote above, you don't need HDDRIVER for the USB memory sticks to work. HDDRIVER is one of the options you have, the other one being formatting the FAT16 partition with your PC and use Bigdos in your ATARI to be able to access that partition.

LaceySnr

Postby LaceySnr » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:15 am

Galvez wrote:As I wrote above, you don't need HDDRIVER for the USB memory sticks to work. HDDRIVER is one of the options you have, the other one being formatting the FAT16 partition with your PC and use Bigdos in your ATARI to be able to access that partition.

I've tried that, and no matter what I do with the AUTO directory order etc. BIGDOS either hangs on boot or doesn't seem to help. I've tried Cecile, ICD and a demo version of HDDRIVER and nothing's worked, so I'm guessing either it's all of the USB sticks I've tried, the windows 10 disk management tool, or my NetUSBee.

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”