NetUSbee network MiNT

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: NetUSbee network MiNT

Postby wongck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:39 pm

So your network is fine.
Try run Gluestik from desktop and see if that helps.
I don't use gluestik now but I tried once sorry i cannot remember how I got it working.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

sashapont
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sashapont » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:44 pm

From desktop its write Unable to obtain Stik flag semaphore. Sory^ driver NOT installed -initialization failed!
Atari Falcon

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:59 pm

wongck wrote:But why does installed VanillaMint need to read stuff on networking?
isn't it already done by your program?

My configuration program doesn't set up networking at all. It creates the necessary mint.cnf statements, but doesn't check any files or paths but assumes that they are per VanillaMiNT "standard".
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:14 pm

sashapont wrote:My booting messages. It writes same error about stik

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/48ek/9WoyBQu51

First of all, change the boot resolution to 80 columns, this will make the boot messages more readable.

Secondly - I see a lot of USB stuff there which is more than a year newer than the kernel. Including a USB network driver. Do you have both an Ethernec and a USB network adapter installed? Which one are you using?

From the video I can't see any issue with GlueSTiK, it looks normal to me. If you try to start it a second time from the desktop it's normal to see an error message, as it can't be installed twice.

sashapont wrote:I can ping http://www.yahoo.com

From the Falcon I assume? Good, this suggests that the network is OK. However, ping use MiNTnet resolver, while Litchi use the GlueSTiK resolver. There could be a GlueSTiK problem. What happens if you ftp to an IP address directly?

Also, it is not clear for me if you are using MiNTnet or STiK/STiNG network overlays for CAB and Highwire.
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

sashapont
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sashapont » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:24 pm

I only have one NetUSBee card
How I can ping use MiNTnet resolver?

MiNTnet or STiK/STiNG network overlays for CAB and Highwire.

I don't know... I must install it?
Atari Falcon

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:20 pm

sashapont wrote:I only have one NetUSBee card
How I can ping use MiNTnet resolver?

MiNTnet or STiK/STiNG network overlays for CAB and Highwire.

I don't know... I must install it?

I use Mintnet and this is my module overlay I use for Highwire.
Sorry I do not use CAB as it is commercial.
modules.zip

The module folder is inside my highwire folder, like this
c:\highwire\modules\network.ovl

See if this works for highwire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:23 pm

oh yeah, it do not do ssl. so few sites works.... www.google.com & www.atari-forums.com works.

sashapont
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sashapont » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:24 pm

wongck wrote:I use Mintnet and this is my module overlay I use for Highwire.
See if this works for highwire.

Tnank you I will try it now!

I have falcon with dead battery may be pages don't work because date is incorrect? How I can check and install date?
And how I can change boot resolution?
Atari Falcon

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:29 pm

I run my own time sync program from my webpage.
I put inside my xaaes.cnf and runs on every bootup.

I run zControl for my CPX and zControl has a clock setting function. Just double click on the clock /date to set the time/date.
i am not sure what comes with VanillaMint.

sashapont
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sashapont » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Yes all works! Now I have internet! How I can use that for irc, icq and ftp?
Last edited by sashapont on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atari Falcon

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Great !! :thumbs:
I am not sure about icq but for FTP you can try searching for AFTP mintnet version.
I use that.

And about running GlueStik from the desktop, I mean disable it running from MINT.CNF, and then run from desktop. Not running it twice.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:58 pm

sashapont wrote: How I can use that for irc^ ice and ftp?

that network.ovl only works for Highwire. You cannot use it for any other software.

You need the STING network.ovl for Highwire to work with STING/GlueStik.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:45 am

sashapont wrote:Yes all works! Now I have internet! How I can use that for irc, icq and ftp?

Ok, this means that the network is set up properly. But Litchi still doesn't connect, right? This suggests a problem with GlueSTiK, as Litchi is using the GlueSTiK resolver. Again, can you please try to ftp to a site using the numeric IP address and not the server name? This should work. The IP address is displayed when you ping the server.

If Litchi work when using the IP address we need to figure out what's wrong with GlueSTiK in your setup.
Jo Even

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:50 am

sashapont wrote:I only have one NetUSBee card

Then remove the USB network driver. Does this make a difference?

sashapont wrote:How I can ping use MiNTnet resolver?

I'm sorry, I meant to write "MiNTlib resolver". Any network program that's compiled with MiNTlib use MiNTlib's resolver. Other programs - like Litchi - use GlueSTiK's resolver. Your problem suggests that GlueSTiK's resolver doesn't return a result, which makes programs that use it fail.
Jo Even

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:00 am

sashapont wrote:And how I can change boot resolution?

Maybe not at all if your NV-RAM battery is dead. When NV-RAM is working you can change boot resolution using Uwe Seimet's bootconf.
Jo Even

sashapont
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sashapont » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:25 am

joska wrote:
Ok, this means that the network is set up properly. But Litchi still doesn't connect, right? This suggests a problem with GlueSTiK, as Litchi is using the GlueSTiK resolver. Again, can you please try to ftp to a site using the numeric IP address and not the server name? This should work. The IP address is displayed when you ping the server.

If Litchi work when using the IP address we need to figure out what's wrong with GlueSTiK in your setup.

The Litchi with IP is work, I also try to connect with dracoftp, it connects over ip address and closes when have processionals directory reading :(

UPD dracoftp connects with memory protection off
Atari Falcon

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:08 am

DracFTP is an unfinished and unreliable product. I don't recommend using it. Litchi is currently the best and most stable (even though it do crash under certain circumstances) GEM ftp-client, stick with it.

You have an issue with GlueSTiK. Maybe a corrupted binary, or maybe a conflict with some other software on your machine. Or maybe it's something as simple as your clock. What happens if you set time and date before you attempt to use Litchi?

If this has no effect then I have no other suggestions than reverting to a setup that's known to work and start from there. You could reinstall VanillaMiNT from scratch and test networking *without adding anything* to the setup. That includes the USB stuff.

Also, while this *shouldn't* make a difference for this particular problem I recommend using Ozk's Ethernet driver. This is the one I'm using in my Falcon and it's very reliable.
Jo Even

ThorstenOtto
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby ThorstenOtto » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:01 am

joska wrote:If Litchi work when using the IP address we need to figure out what's wrong with GlueSTiK in your setup.

There has been a fix recently in gluestik. You might try the version from a newer build. But it's altogether possible that there are still other bugs in it.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:18 am

If he's using VanillaMiNT then this configuration should work. I'm using the exact same VanillaMiNT on a 14Mb Falcon with an ethernec (clone), and Litchi is working just fine.
Jo Even

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”