Atari 1040 ST Woody - water transfer project

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Miguel
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: Atari 1040 ST Woody - water transfer project

Postby Miguel » Tue May 22, 2018 2:39 am

Just to be clear I was talking about feeding the cable through some kind of cord....you know like the cord on an iron.

Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Robson » Tue May 22, 2018 5:54 am

Miguel wrote:Just to be clear I was talking about feeding the cable through some kind of cord....you know like the cord on an iron.

I did get what you mean. I haven't explained it fully. I had this thought as well but maybe didn’t chose the right material, so I am opened to any suggestions. I made few mistakes when bought the first cable wrap. First of all I ordered the sample that is 50cm long, simply not long enough. Secondly the colour on the ebay photo was more like light brown that was good to me. It was described as cream but what I received was bright yellow. Seller wasn’t helpful at all so I let it go. The most important thing is that the one I tried is not flexible enough to feed the connector (either end) through without damaging the wrap. Since the mouse was pretty much done at this point I decided to work on the computer. Let me know if you have any suggestions that are light brown/cream and can be installed without cutting the cable or remove pins from the mouse pcb connector.
------------------------------------------------
https://tercsirobi.000webhostapp.com

MagikGimp

Postby MagikGimp » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:25 pm

darklight wrote:Oh wow. Clint from LGR (Lazy Game Reviewer YouTube channel) would love this.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Puts the woodgrain 486 to shame! Do you want to tweet him about it or shall I? ;)

Absolutely mindblowing work if you ask me. Really this deserves much more than just a post on social media. A full Wired article or whichever appropriate publication(s!) usually covers these sort of things. Now if only America paid more interest to one of their own rather than yet another NES case mod. (Hi to the USA enthusiasts out there by the way. We know you're around and about; just not in very great numbers!)
Want to preserve all those old floppy disks? Then head on over to P. Putnik's Floppy Image page!

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:38 am

MagikGimp wrote:
darklight wrote:Oh wow. Clint from LGR (Lazy Game Reviewer YouTube channel) would love this.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Puts the woodgrain 486 to shame! Do you want to tweet him about it or shall I? ;)

Absolutely mindblowing work if you ask me. Really this deserves much more than just a post on social media. A full Wired article or whichever appropriate publication(s!) usually covers these sort of things. Now if only America paid more interest to one of their own rather than yet another NES case mod. (Hi to the USA enthusiasts out there by the way. We know you're around and about; just not in very great numbers!)

[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_17.gif]
Hi back! Yeah, sadly there just aren't that many of us. I've been trying to convert some people I work with into trying out the Ataris!

This is an awesome job, definitely needs to be shown around. Sadly the website is taking a nap.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Robson » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words, really appreciated. It was a real fun project to do for sure. To be honest I didn't know how everyone else would take it though.

Yes, this new free website is off for 1 hour, which I wasn't aware of before registered. I'm trying to find the best solution to host my Atari related stuff. I have a kind offer so might move it there. But as it is now, it's sleeping from midnight for an hour (UK time).
https://tercsirobi.000webhostapp.com

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Hey,

You know where to find us! ;)
And yes, i too would be interested to read a fullblown article one day.
And I also would like to see Clints (lgr) reaction on your work!

Cheers.
Atari Legend IS back!

www.atarilegend.com

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”