NetUSBee USB storage driver download

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: NetUSBee USB storage driver download

Postby Rustynutt » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:02 am

Purchased a set of NetUSBee from Lotharek's auction site page tonight!
Nice thread.

kcr2000
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby kcr2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:27 am

Just tried it on my TT with TOS 3.06. It crashes with 11 bombs. Clean TOS with correct boot order as described in the readme. The TT freezes and I have to make a coldboot.
Tried with another NetUSBee also from Lotharek and the same setup: the TT freezes with 4 bombs. Warmboot (ctrl+alt+del) ist possible.
Any ideas? Anybody has it running on TT?

EDIT: Ok, got it running now. Xcontrol.acc was the culprit. Anybody got it running?
CLAB Falcon MK2 CT60e 14MB/512MB 2x32GB CF FPU, Atari Falcon 030 14MB FPU, Atari TT030 10MB ST 256MB TT Crazy Dots 2 ThunderStorm 8GB IDE CF, Atari TT030 10MB ST 64MB TT Megavision 300, Atari Mega STE 4MB Crazy Dots, Atari Stacy 4 16MHz, Atari 1040 STE 4MB UltraSatan, Atari 520 STE, misc STf, STFM, 1040, 520, 260, Atari PC1, Atari PC5, Portfolio, NetUSBees etc. + misc 8-Bit Ataris

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Yes, I use Xcontrol.ACC not only on TT with 3.06 TOS, but on the Falcon030 too. My Xcontroll is lenght 44.685 bytes. It is working very well

kcr2000
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby kcr2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:05 pm

@Kroll: Ok. Seems I have a different Xcontrol. Mine is 44.681 bytes. Could you maybe post your version? Thanks.

Another thing I've run into problems is the usb-mouse. Found a logitech one that is working with the umouse.prg 0.90, but not with the storage drivers. The USB-Utility recognizes the mouse though. What am I doing wrong?
CLAB Falcon MK2 CT60e 14MB/512MB 2x32GB CF FPU, Atari Falcon 030 14MB FPU, Atari TT030 10MB ST 256MB TT Crazy Dots 2 ThunderStorm 8GB IDE CF, Atari TT030 10MB ST 64MB TT Megavision 300, Atari Mega STE 4MB Crazy Dots, Atari Stacy 4 16MHz, Atari 1040 STE 4MB UltraSatan, Atari 520 STE, misc STf, STFM, 1040, 520, 260, Atari PC1, Atari PC5, Portfolio, NetUSBees etc. + misc 8-Bit Ataris

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 pm

kcr2000 wrote:Another thing I've run into problems is the usb-mouse. Found a logitech one that is working with the umouse.prg 0.90, but not with the storage drivers. The USB-Utility recognizes the mouse though. What am I doing wrong?

The storage driver is for mass storage devices not for mice :-), there is a mouse driver but it doesn't work very well yet, fortunately somebody is working on it.

kcr2000
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby kcr2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Ok. That's clear ;-) I meant that the usb mouse doesn't work, when I load the storage driver. It is recognized by the USB-Utility but refuses to work. Standalone it works.

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:03 pm

kcr2000 wrote:Ok. That's clear ;-) I meant that the usb mouse doesn't work, when I load the storage driver. It is recognized by the USB-Utility but refuses to work. Standalone it works.

OK, I understand now :-). I don't expect the mouse driver (umouse.prg) to be compatible with the USB/NetUSBee drivers discussed in this thread, I'm afraid you should wait until the new mouse driver is ready.

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby czietz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Galvez wrote:OK, I understand now :-). I don't expect the mouse driver (umouse.prg) to be compatible with the USB/NetUSBee drivers discussed in this thread, I'm afraid you should wait until the new mouse driver is ready.

<advertisement> With the Lightning VME the mouse driver (mouse.prg, mouse.udd) works very well and -- of course also in conjunction with the storage driver. </advertisement> ;-) I use it with my TT.
The Lightning VME driver's source code is GPL and publicly available...

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:08 pm

czietz wrote:
Galvez wrote:OK, I understand now :-). I don't expect the mouse driver (umouse.prg) to be compatible with the USB/NetUSBee drivers discussed in this thread, I'm afraid you should wait until the new mouse driver is ready.

<advertisement> With the Lightning VME the mouse driver (mouse.prg, mouse.udd) works very well and -- of course also in conjunction with the storage driver. </advertisement> ;-) I use it with my TT.
The Lightning VME driver's source code is GPL and publicly available...

Did you make any change in the mouse driver sources from the MiNT's repository or they just work out of the box for you?

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby czietz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:17 pm

We did some small changes to the mouse driver -- as evident in the source code in http://www.newtosworld.de/downloads/tre ... order=date -- e.g. to support the Nova graphic card screen saver, which otherwise would not react to USB mouse events, or to increase the polling rate for the MiNT driver to get a smoother cursor movement.

Most of the work of getting USB mice to run smoothly is however in the actual Lightning VME driver (blitz*.ucd, blitz*.prg) and in the Lightning VME's hardware design. The software side of things is included in the above download.

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:24 pm

frank.lukas wrote:It do not work on a Atari Mega ST with PAK68/3 MC68030 CPU and 32kB L2 Cache.

Hi Frank

Could you please test with your PAK68/3 the NetUSBee driver attached?

Thanks!
netusbee.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LaceySnr
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby LaceySnr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:50 pm

I've not had any luck getting this to work so far... I put NETUSBEE.PRG, STORAGE.PRG and USB.PRG into AUTO, checked the order is correct, and when I boot to TOS (not FreeMiNT) I can see "ISP116x Root Hub" when I run USB Utility. If I choose to install devices I get two new drives show up, which would make sense as I created 2 256MB partitions on this USB stick, but neither of them do anything when I double click. I did try putting BigDOS into AUTO as well, before the others, but that just seemed to stop my Falcon booting. What dumb mistake am I making? :)

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:38 pm

LaceySnr wrote:I've not had any luck getting this to work so far... I put NETUSBEE.PRG, STORAGE.PRG and USB.PRG into AUTO, checked the order is correct, and when I boot to TOS (not FreeMiNT) I can see "ISP116x Root Hub" when I run USB Utility. If I choose to install devices I get two new drives show up, which would make sense as I created 2 256MB partitions on this USB stick, but neither of them do anything when I double click. I did try putting BigDOS into AUTO as well, before the others, but that just seemed to stop my Falcon booting. What dumb mistake am I making? :)

Did you try partitioning the device on your Falcon with HDDriver?

LaceySnr

Postby LaceySnr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:38 pm

Galvez wrote:Did you try partitioning the device on your Falcon with HDDriver?

I don't have HDDriver... was struggling to justify the cost when I was setting up my Falcon so I use Cecile. Maybe it's time to drop some cash on it.

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby frank.lukas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:29 am

Galvez wrote:
frank.lukas wrote:It do not work on a Atari Mega ST with PAK68/3 MC68030 CPU and 32kB L2 Cache.

Hi Frank

Thanks!
netusbee.zip

The behavior is the same. At the boottime "Scanning for Devices" found the USB Stick and also list him but in the usb.acc there is only "NetUSBee Root Hub" and no other USB Device.
fancy Atari Musik anDA Dance "Agare Hinu Harukana" 1998 ATARI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX10fxb5eYE

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:37 am

LaceySnr wrote:

I don't have HDDriver... was struggling to justify the cost when I was setting up my Falcon so I use Cecile. Maybe it's time to drop some cash on it.

You would need an ATARI partition tool that supports SCSIDRV protocol, I don't know if Cecile does it, also the tool must be able to create compatible partitions so you can access the partition with your "PC" and your Falcon, and this I think it's only a thing HDDriver does. Note that on MiNT this isn't need it, you can use devices partitioned on your "PC".

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 am

frank.lukas wrote:
Galvez wrote:

Hi Frank

Thanks!
netusbee.zip

The behavior is the same. At the boottime "Scanning for Devices" found the USB Stick and also list him but in the usb.acc there is only "NetUSBee Root Hub" and no other USB Device.

And if you select "Install Devices" on the TOS menu.....Does this install the partitions from your USB device? It's strange that the device it's detected by the driver but not shown in usb.acc, may be it's a bug in the accessory.

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby frank.lukas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:46 am

There is no USB in HDDriver Util and at the TOS Desktop there is also no Drive for the USB Stick.
fancy Atari Musik anDA Dance "Agare Hinu Harukana" 1998 ATARI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX10fxb5eYE

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:53 am

frank.lukas wrote:There is no USB in HDDriver Util and at the TOS Desktop there is also no Drive for the USB Stick.

OK, seems to be the driver. I'll look at it. Thanks for the feedback.

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:25 am

Galvez wrote:
LaceySnr wrote:

You would need an ATARI partition tool that supports SCSIDRV protocol, I don't know if Cecile does it, also the tool must be able to create compatible partitions so you can access the partition with your "PC" and your Falcon, and this I think it's only a thing HDDriver does. Note that on MiNT this isn't need it, you can use devices partitioned on your "PC".

I was curious and I've just tested on TOS plus BigDOS a device partitioned with GParted with Linux, I can access the partitions that I was not able to read without BigDOS. You wrote that you already tried with BigDOS without success, may be you could try again before buying HDdriver. I've loaded it before the USB drivers.

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:28 am

Galvez wrote:PAK68/3
Galvez wrote:
frank.lukas wrote:There is no USB in HDDriver Util and at the TOS Desktop there is also no Drive for the USB Stick.

OK, seems to be the driver. I'll look at it. Thanks for the feedback.

Frank. How fast is the PAK68/3 compared to other systems? Is faster than a standard Falcon but slower than a TT? or is even faster than a TT?

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby frank.lukas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:30 am

I have a PAK68/3-030/50Mhz with TT Ram and is almost 200% of the Atari TT Speed.

Perdrix24
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Perdrix24 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:19 pm

I've put together an updated package, attached. Compared to the first package, it adds support for FreeMiNT and MagiC, is about 25% faster, and includes a new desk accessory (usbtool.acc) that replaces usb.acc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby frank.lukas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:27 pm

It works fine under Single TOS 1.04 on a Atari Mega ST but it works not when I use a ET4000 Graphiccard with Nova Driver with the same machine.

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:21 pm

frank.lukas wrote:It works fine under Single TOS 1.04 on a Atari Mega ST but it works not when I use a ET4000 Graphiccard with Nova Driver with the same machine.

Was the previous driver version working with the graphic card?

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”