Framemeister troubles with my STE

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Framemeister troubles with my STE

Postby Cogweasel » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:59 pm

I just took the plunge and bought a Framemeister, for use with, among other hardwares, my 1040STE. But I am having some sync problems, check the video/photo to see how it looks. I know people have gotten the Framemeister to work with the ST before. Not sure what my problem is here. I am using the Euro connector that was included with the Framemeister (not a JP21!). Do I need to modify my ST RGB cable or do I need a sync stripper maybe? From what I have researched before, I was under the impression that it should work anyway. But of course, it was a bit of a mess researching the Framemeister :)

To make things more confusing; there seems to be some sort of hardware problem with my Framemeister also, as you can see in the video. DHL treated the parcel pretty roughly, so could be thanks to that. So maybe my sync problem is caused by this or maybe a combination of hardware problems and a dodgy RGB signal from my STE? I have contacted Solaris, so hoping they will have some further clues to give. But I thought I would ask what you guys think as well...

Here's a YT link to a video showing the problem
https://youtu.be/SHnhcK_VLPE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

leech
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Framemeister troubles with my STE

Postby leech » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51 am

I'd say pop it open and check solder points as an initial check. Unless of course you have any warranty on it, in which case I'd ask them to fix it.

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Its bought new from Solaris, so I still have warranty. Have been in touch with them and have also filed a damage claim with the freighter. Just a bit curious if the sync problem is caused by the same problem. I was hoping maybe someone here would know if the ST is supposed to work with the Framemeister without any further modifications...

leech
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby leech » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm sure there are other posts around here, it seems from my brief look around that it should work fine with the Euro SCART adapter.

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:41 pm

leech wrote:I'm sure there are other posts around here, it seems from my brief look around that it should work fine with the Euro SCART adapter.

Yeah, I was under that impression too ... still haven't heard back from Solaris.

EmpireAndrew
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby EmpireAndrew » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:02 am

I don't know about your specific issue but the Framemeister does work with the STE if you have the right cable, which needs a resistor.
See this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=30275
1977 VCS Heavy Sixxer (Boxed)
1990 Atari 1040STE, 4MB, UltraSatan, TOS 2.06, TT Touch -> Atari SC1435 Colour CRT Monitor
1991 Atari TT030, 2/64MB, Int 8GB Gigafile SCSI2CF, TOS 3.06, CaTTamaran Accelerator -> Atari TTM195 19" Mono CRT Monitor
1993 Atari Falcon030, 14MB, Int 4GB IDE2SD, TOS 4.04 -> Atari PTC1426 Color CRT Monitor
Amiga, Mac, DOS, Newton, SGI, Sun, NeXTStation and more!

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 pm

EmpireAndrew: On my ST Scart cable I have two cables connected in parallel to pin 20 (Comp video in / Sync in), each connected with a resistor. Composite signal and dedicated sync signal maybe? Not sure really...

st scart.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”