ste monitor issues

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Re: ste monitor issues

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:38 pm

i think i will kiss one cheek !!!! :cry:

k2500x
Atari User
Atari User

Postby k2500x » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Hello. I too have a problem with getting a solid image from my 1040STe. I only use monochrome mode to VGA monitors.
I have tried two separate VGA cables and multiple CRT/LCD monitors, and the problem is always the same.

On boot-up, the monitor will "auto adjust" to the image. And it will look pretty solid for approx 10 minutes. Then the vertical banding/flickering becomes progressively more noticeable until it is just annoying. Asking the monitor to "auto adjust" again will fix the problem for a time, but it will revert back to the problem just the same as before.

Both the VGA cables I have allow for sound and color options and I was wondering if "interference" might have something to do with it.
Would a strictly "monochrome/no audio" cable help my situation? I really don't want to spend another $30 on a VGA cable, but my soldering skills are quite novice.

IsoldeandIsobelle
Atariator
Atariator

Postby IsoldeandIsobelle » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:31 pm

I would like to add to this thread.

Can anyone recommend an STe to VGA connector for use with a VGA equipped LCD TV - running in Hi Res mode?
I have seen a few offerings on eBay and not sure of their quality... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

troed
Atari God
Atari God

Postby troed » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:48 pm

IsoldeandIsobelle wrote:I would like to add to this thread.

Can anyone recommend an STe to VGA connector for use with a VGA equipped LCD TV - running in Hi Res mode?
I have seen a few offerings on eBay and not sure of their quality... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've bought from these with good result: http://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/atari.html

I've also built my own switchable color & mono VGA cable (for use with monitors that in addition to regular VGA can do 15kHz RGB as well - so - not all). ST-VGA cables aren't difficult to make - I would expect all you find to work.

/Troed

IsoldeandIsobelle
Atariator
Atariator

Postby IsoldeandIsobelle » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Thank you very much for your reply and link.
They are a good price compared to what I have seen elsewhere. I will order one now.

Best wishes.

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”