UltraSatan - System Clock Set

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

tresas
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: UltraSatan - System Clock Set

Postby tresas » Tue May 07, 2019 7:00 pm

JohnPolka wrote:
tresas wrote:Finally, I am confused! In a 1040STE with 4MB RAM and TOS 1.62, I haven't managed to set the UltraSatan so as to correctly show the date. The time is set correctly but it displays 25/03/28. Is there anything new that solves the problem? Does anybody else have the same problem?

Did you ever resolve your problem? I have a similar setup (1040STE, 4MB, TOS 1.62) and I cannot set the time and date on my UltraSatan. The date and time do appear to be working but can't be set. When I first ran the clock set program it said the date was was 2002-03-18. When I replaced the battery, it reset to 2001-01-01. It doesn't matter how I enter the time and date using the US setclock utility. The US never gets set. I also tried setting the US on a stock 520STFM, but it did not work either. So, the problem appears to be with the US and not the ST/STE.

I suspect this may be a hardware problem on the US. However, I wondered too if upgrading to TOS 2.06 helped. If you happen to read this, please let me know if you ever resolved your issue.

Thanks,

-JP

No unfortunately I have the same problem even today!
I tried using every available patch, but I ended up with an unstable TOS.
I am stunned by the fact that there is yet no solution for such a simple problem.
Atari Jackintosh for ever!

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Tue May 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Out of curiosity I've looked into the source code and I don't see anything strange. You should make one thing clear: the time / date setting doesn't work at all or doesn't it work only in the CPX?

So, if you run the setclock tool, set time/date to present... save... run getclock... do you see correct time/date?

If so, try to create a folder... does it have correct time/date?

The tools don't do anything else than reading/writing to US, so if the first step fails, it is far from a simple issue, it's a pretty serious issue then.

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Postby spiny » Wed May 08, 2019 8:30 am

In case it's not clear, just -setting- the UltraSatan does NOT set the Atari clock automatically, you need to read the time from the UltraSatan using setclock in order to change the internal clock on the ST.

easy test

boot the ST, create a folder - it should have whatever default date your TOS version uses.

run setclock, then create another folder - the date should be different , hopefully the correct date too.

if the folder date is still the same, then something is possibly wrong with the UltraSatan.

JohnPolka
Atarian
Atarian

Postby JohnPolka » Wed May 08, 2019 3:56 pm

tresas wrote:No unfortunately I have the same problem even today!
I am stunned by the fact that there is yet no solution for such a simple problem.

Thanks for responding. It's a very strange problem. It looks like you and I are the only ones who are experiencing this problem. Did you try upgrading to TOS 2.06?

-JP

JohnPolka
Atarian
Atarian

Postby JohnPolka » Wed May 08, 2019 4:00 pm

spiny wrote:In case it's not clear, just -setting- the UltraSatan does NOT set the Atari clock automatically, you need to read the time from the UltraSatan using setclock in order to change the internal clock on the ST.

easy test

boot the ST, create a folder - it should have whatever default date your TOS version uses.

run setclock, then create another folder - the date should be different , hopefully the correct date too.

if the folder date is still the same, then something is possibly wrong with the UltraSatan.

The setclock tool does not change the date and time that is displayed in the program. When I run getclock, it displays the same time/date that I saw in the setclock tool. The getclock tool will set the STE's system clock to that date/time. I have verified that the incorrect system date/time gets set by checking it in the control panel. I can also try creating a folder to see what date/time gets set. But I have a feeling it will be the same incorrect date/time that's displayed in the control panel.

-JP

theimann
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby theimann » Wed May 08, 2019 5:53 pm

I have the same issue with my STE on TOS 1.62.
I tried using different tools in parallel (Clocky, XControl) but the year is displayed as 2028 whereas US_GETCL.PRG shows the correct year.

JohnPolka
Atarian
Atarian

Postby JohnPolka » Wed May 08, 2019 6:44 pm

theimann wrote:I have the same issue with my STE on TOS 1.62.
I tried using different tools in parallel (Clocky, XControl) but the year is displayed as 2028 whereas US_GETCL.PRG shows the correct year.

Does the setclock tool (I think it's called US_SETCL.PRG) work for you? That is, does it set the date/time on the UltraSatan? If so, you may just need to run the Y2K patch before running the US_GETCL.PRG.

For me, the US settime tool doesn't set the date/time on the UltraSatan.

-JP

JohnPolka
Atarian
Atarian

Postby JohnPolka » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 pm

JohnPolka wrote:
tresas wrote:No unfortunately I have the same problem even today!

Thanks for responding. It's a very strange problem. It looks like you and I are the only ones who are experiencing this problem. Did you try upgrading to TOS 2.06?

-JP

Just an FYI: Upgrading to TOS 2.06 did not solve my problem.

-JP

susher
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby susher » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 am

I have the same issue. From the source of US_GETCL.PRG it looks like the wrong year offset is being used. Did the clock start date change between TOS versions?

JohnPolka
Atarian
Atarian

Postby JohnPolka » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:59 pm

susher wrote:I have the same issue. From the source of US_GETCL.PRG it looks like the wrong year offset is being used. Did the clock start date change between TOS versions?

Which "same issue" are you referring to? There is more than one "clock issue" in this thread.

-JP

Edit: Sorry...misread the message. You're referring to the get clock program.

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”