ICD The Link 2 + Acard AEC-7720U...How To Connect Together?

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Re: ICD The Link 2 + Acard AEC-7720U...How To Connect Together?

Postby Shredder11 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:28 pm

Right here we go...a few badly taken photos as promised! :oops: This is not my entire setup of course as I have a Vidi-ST video capture box and a DAATA Scan hand scanner, Microdeal ST Replay (the photo below is of my Replay 16 cartridge). For the keen eyed amongst you (yes I do mean you Aly!) a Forget-Me-Clock II can be seen plugged in, along with the rather lovely PeST mouse interface hooked up to an optical mouse. To the rear of the STe there is a Horizon MIDI expander plugged in the modem port adding a further 16 MIDI channels. Also the Cumana floppy and ICD The Link 2 SCSI interface are plugged in. Finally you can see a Sandisk Ultra II CompactFlash 4GB card plugged into a 44pin CF to IDE adapter bought from Deal Extreme.com, which is plugged into a three way ribbon cable and into the I presume TUS IDEal IDE interface inside the STe.

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Shredder11 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Another thing I should mention is that last night I managed to screw up the ExtenDOS CD Audio player desktop ACC program. I was happily playing a CD (Bach Goldberg Variations - Jill Crossland on piano...best version by far!) and then I thought...hmmm...'why not rip the CD to my drive with this ACC prog?'. Then I thought I would change the settings from 16bit/44.1kHz to 8bit/25kHz, so that I could play it through the STe DMA hardware. Pretty harmless you might assume but at the next bootup, the STe showed the 'busy bee' mouse pointer and then....crash.....three bombs! After much mucking about trying to reinstall ExtenDOS and failing, I simply renamed the CD Audio player ACC to disable it and then the STe booted as normal minus this ACC. Later I managed to reinstall ExtenDOS from the floppy drive and I also successfully burned a couple more CDs, one of which was a backup image of the now less than perfect C:\ drive. Sod's Law really because I was going to do the backup shortly anyhow. The weird thing is that despite reinstalling ExtenDOS the CD Audio ACC is still buggered.
Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby simbo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:23 am

Shredder11 wrote:Another thing I should mention is that last night I managed to screw up the ExtenDOS CD Audio player desktop ACC program. I was happily playing a CD (Bach Goldberg Variations - Jill Crossland on piano...best version by far!) and then I thought...hmmm...'why not rip the CD to my drive with this ACC prog?'. Then I thought I would change the settings from 16bit/44.1kHz to 8bit/25kHz, so that I could play it through the STe DMA hardware. Pretty harmless you might assume but at the next bootup, the STe showed the 'busy bee' mouse pointer and then....crash.....three bombs! After much mucking about trying to reinstall ExtenDOS and failing, I simply renamed the CD Audio player ACC to disable it and then the STe booted as normal minus this ACC. Later I managed to reinstall ExtenDOS from the floppy drive and I also successfully burned a couple more CDs, one of which was a backup image of the now less than perfect C:\ drive. Sod's Law really because I was going to do the backup shortly anyhow. The weird thing is that despite reinstalling ExtenDOS the CD Audio ACC is still buggered.

i think you may find its is the order the acc is loaded in when the atari boots
.... you can use some acc to allow loading order and priority to correct this issue
its usualy something to do with mice drivers acc etc... hogging memory location specific to extendos

there is an extendos gold version im sure i have it on my falcon

ps...
if you want a 2 speed scsi cdrom reader {nice drive} ill send you this very spare one i have here
free
simbo
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Shredder11 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:09 pm

The only thing in the C:\AUTO folder is EXTENDOS.PRG (ExtenDOS Gold v4) and Aly's Forget-Me-Clock II AUTO app. The CDAUDIO.ACC and associated files are in the root directory of my C:\ drive. The other ACC I have in the root is ST Guide v1.5. I also have HD Driver v8.23 files in the root too.

I do plan to install more software like NVDI v5.00 and a decent boot loader. Is SuperBoot v8.1 still the app of choice for most ST users or has there been a superior app since 1993?

That's very kind of you to offer me the SCSI CD-ROM drive and I may PM you shortly.
Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby techie_alison » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:40 pm

I think that these pics are brilliant. :)

More. MORE!! :)
If I don't answer or appear to have forgotton then email again, I'm scatty! :)

http://www.logicsays.com/ = Updated Site
http://www.logicsays.com/index1 = Older Site (with more Atari)
techie_alison
Administrator
Administrator

Postby simbo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:29 am

enable also reset when booting
youll need to adjust the floppy copy
and reinstall hddriver again

to do this insert the floppy power on
and it will load the copy of hd driver on the floppy
then start hd drivers manager and load the copy on the floppy

enable this also on the scsi driver panel
then save it
now !!!reboot
to the floppy again to impliment the changes

then install hd driver to your boot device
simbo
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby wongck » Fri May 01, 2009 3:15 pm

4160ST ? :?: :?:
I never heard of this!!!
Is it a special release for EU only or wat?
Man it have an IDE inside like a Falc?
My Stuff: Falcon CT63+CTPCI ATI R7500 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD EtherNEC/ FB/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Shredder11 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:19 pm

A 4160 STe is just a stock STe with 4MB and was only made for Atari developers. The Wiki entry says:

4160STE - as 1040STE but with 4 MB of RAM. Never officially released except a small quantity of development units. Labels were sent out to dealers to affix to machines that had been upgraded to 4MB.

The IDE hard drive interface is a popular addon from the late 1990s named IDEal by The Upgrade Shop (TUS). Check out some closeup photos of this in my other thread here:

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14880#p130119

I suppose if I were to add 16MHz CPU and co-processor it would be getting a little closer to a Falcon. Hey recently I even launched Cubase Audio Falcon with my Replay 16 cartridge attached, but sadly CAF did not recognise the cartridge. Shame because four tracks of 16 bit audio alongside some MIDI tracks would have been amazing!
Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby wongck » Sat May 02, 2009 10:22 am

So it's all addon stuff and it's really a STE.
I guess my 530ST can be called a 4160STFM then :lol:
But I need to make my own label :oops:
My Stuff: Falcon CT63+CTPCI ATI R7500 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD EtherNEC/ FB/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Shredder11 » Sat May 02, 2009 12:57 pm

I guess so...are you sure the STFM can handle 4MB? (ONLY JOKING! :mrgreen: ). Actually I must try and find a decent STFM so that I can have full game compatibility, along with a 1MB/4MB switch. Oh and a hard drive interface of some sort too. Just need to find some spare money and I am away! 8)

The 4160 badges usually go for £10 give or take a bit on Ebay but only if it is the genuine thing. I happen to have a spare one too but I am saving that as a backup. In total I have three genuine badges which is not bad really.
Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby wongck » Sat May 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Shredder11 wrote:I guess so...are you sure the STFM can handle 4MB? (ONLY JOKING! :mrgreen: ). Actually I must try and find a decent STFM so that I can have full game compatibility, along with a 1MB/4MB switch. Oh and a hard drive interface of some sort too. Just need to find some spare money and I am away! 8)

I have a tos switch that enable me to use tos 1.02 or tos 2.06. The harddisk interface is ASCI to SCSI. I forgot what's the card but it does have a clock on the adapter too.

Shredder11 wrote:The 4160 badges usually go for £10 give or take a bit on Ebay but only if it is the genuine thing. I happen to have a spare one too but I am saving that as a backup. In total I have three genuine badges which is not bad really.

With my scanner and deskjet, I can make a copy. :angel:
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Shredder11 » Sat May 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Ahh but it has to be shiny metal not cheap shiny covered card! :mrgreen:
Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Previous

Return to Hardware