Unfortunately, I didn't seem to find a section for newbies, so I chose to write here.
The boring stuff:
I make music as a hobby, and I love it. I have no special genre, but I do loads of electronic stuff. I currently use a microKORG (which has MIDI capability) and Ableton Live, plus heaps of VSTs and an audio interface.
I have watched several Atari videos, and listened to many vintage/retro tracks, and I believe an Atari ST (the one with the MIDI ports if I am right) would be a good addition to my setup.
- What exactly do I need? Just the machine itself, plus the mouse? And which cables are used for the current?
- How is an Atari is connected to a TV set? Also, the whole monochromatic vs multicolor thing confuses me!
- I thought about buying through eBay. I found some Atari STs, at an affordable price. How much are those babies actually worth?
- How is audio handled on an Atari ST? Which outputs and which inputs, if any?
- I would like to add a sampler. Any suggestions?
I will be very thankful for your answer, or for a direction on where on the web I can find information about this machine.