NetUSBee USB drivers download

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

displaced
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby displaced » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:07 pm

Perdrix24 wrote:It should work. Try removing accessories. Not likely, but try also usb.prg from the ST folder of the drivers, in case yours is corrupted. They really are the same.


A-ha! It was SERIAL.CPX that was breaking it. Working great now - thanks!

Perdrix24
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby Perdrix24 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:44 pm

Good! Interesting about SERIAL.CPX. We know there is a conflict between STiNG and the USB drivers, when STiNG is configured to use the NetUSBee ethernet.

mzry
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 542
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby mzry » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Just a heads up to people trying to get this to work! 1. Check the readme to make sure you sort the auto programs in the correct order and 2. flash drive support is VERY picky, I had to try 4 different types of USB stick before it worked, and when taking into account that you have to partition them in Linux to get Fat16 with a maximum partition of 2gb makes for a LOT of trial and error.
Falcon ct60e 060 - 256mb ram - phantom bus and dsp accel // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - Ati Mach64 2mb // Atari STM 4160 - 4MB ram - 16Mhz exxos 1.5 booster - Ultrasatan

User avatar
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Location: Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:25 pm

Perdrix24 wrote:The super-latest version of mouse.prg supports the scroll wheel: https://bintray.com/freemint/freemint/d ... sb4tos.zip

But not for all mouse wheels (too long story). Try it and report if it works for you! The wheel mimics arrow up and down; also the third button, often the wheel pressed down, mimics the Enter key.

Normally, you can use the drivers without a hard disk, by booting from floppy.


Ah, I tried out the drivers and unfortunately, my mouse wheel isn't working. :( The wheel button works though when I click down on it.

But the mouse itself works great. I didn't load the usbtool.acc and the mouse still worked. I guess it is only needed for usb-storage or hot-swapping mice?

If I just want mouse support, I wouldn't need the STORAGE.PRG in the auto folder would I? But I would need the other three MOUSE.PRG, USB.PRG, and NETUSBEE.PRG, correct?

Perdrix24
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby Perdrix24 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
Ah, I tried out the drivers and unfortunately, my mouse wheel isn't working. :( The wheel button works though when I click down on it.

But the mouse itself works great. I didn't load the usbtool.acc and the mouse still worked. I guess it is only needed for usb-storage or hot-swapping mice?

If I just want mouse support, I wouldn't need the STORAGE.PRG in the auto folder would I? But I would need the other three MOUSE.PRG, USB.PRG, and NETUSBEE.PRG, correct?


Correct, don't forget the order, so it's USB.PRG, MOUSE.PRG and NETUSBEE.PRG. A long term project is to load the drivers on demand, ie. only have USB.PRG and NETUSBEE.PRG at boot.

USBTOOL.ACC is just to allow hot-swap, and to display the devices attached.

The wheel mouse of my two wireless Logitech mice work. Another (very) long term project is to make all mice work by supporting the HID report protocol.

User avatar
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Location: Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:36 pm

Great, I look forward to the project moving forward. Yes, I have the order right in my AUTO folder. If I get a mouse that has the wheel working correctly, is there a way to adjust the stepping of the scrolling, like 2 or 3 arrow up/down messages per scroll or is it limited to just 1?

Perdrix24
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby Perdrix24 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:29 am

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:Great, I look forward to the project moving forward. Yes, I have the order right in my AUTO folder. If I get a mouse that has the wheel working correctly, is there a way to adjust the stepping of the scrolling, like 2 or 3 arrow up/down messages per scroll or is it limited to just 1?

It's dynamic. The faster you turn the wheel, the more lines are scrolled. It starts at 1 line per 'notch' turned. I have a free-wheeling Logitech wireless mouse and it can scroll pretty fast.

The wheel on my two wireless Logitech mice work, while a wired Logitech mouse doesn't work.

User avatar
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Location: Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:53 am

Hmm, my mouse is wired also. I wonder if anyone has luck with a wired mouse and could post the model number?

Perdrix24
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby Perdrix24 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 am

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:Hmm, my mouse is wired also. I wonder if anyone has luck with a wired mouse and could post the model number?

Kensington wired mouse model 72111: scroll-wheel & 3rd button work
IBM wired mouse model MO28UO: scroll-wheeel & 3rd button work

User avatar
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Location: Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:55 am

Thanks, I'll look around for one of those mice.

User avatar
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Location: Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:16 am

IBM mouse arrived and it's working great. Scroll wheel works too. Would like the scroll stepping to be even higher, it's still a little slow to go up and down directories and documents even with the dynamic scaling. But overall this is amazing to use my Atari with a usb mouse and scrollwheel! Thanks so much for the work on this project. :cheers:

Perdrix24
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby Perdrix24 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:31 am

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:IBM mouse arrived and it's working great. Scroll wheel works too. Would like the scroll stepping to be even higher, it's still a little slow to go up and down directories and documents even with the dynamic scaling. But overall this is amazing to use my Atari with a usb mouse and scrollwheel! Thanks so much for the work on this project. :cheers:

Excellent! Glad to hear this. I took note of your suggestion to increase stepping, or make it adjustable.


Social Media

     

Return to “Hardware”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests