Another graphical issue, YELLOW SCREEN

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Winner61
Retro freak
Retro freak

Another graphical issue, YELLOW SCREEN

Postby Winner61 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Hello, I came across an old wacom tablet with a serial db9 plug and quickly googled for available drivers for the ST/TT. Meanwhile I stupidly connected the tablet to the second Joystickport. Started the STe up and right away I have a yellow background instead of white. In both High Rez and Low/Medium. Seems one of the RGB channels giving no signal? Is this possible by connecting a analog serial device to the joystick port. For the rest everything works, only yellow where you see white normally.
Hope anyone can shed some light on this.
Greetings from Holland.

Sorry for the double posting but when I submit the message I get a empty page and assumed it was not posted.

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Re: Another graphical issue, YELLOW SCREEN

Postby spiny » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:15 pm

If you're seeing yellow on Hi-Rez, it's a monitor issue.

Winner61
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Winner61 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Yes, that would be an easy fix. Sorry I was not complete. That was the first thing I checked. I also have my TT and a MacMini on the same LCD via a switch and the mac on the DVI port. Monitor is fine.

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby czietz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:28 am

I agree with spiny. It is technically not possible for the ST to fail in a way that would give you a yellow screen in high-res mode! There is just one monochrome output from the ST, not RGB. The cable splits up the monochrome signal into separate RGB signal. So check the cable, any VGA connectors and -- if you use them -- VGA switches, because blue is missing. But I reiterate: it's definitively not your ST at fault if you see this in high-res.

Winner61
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Winner61 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 am

I must admit that it's very strange behaviour. On the SM124 all is normal but that would be expected because it's a monochrome monitor.
Next test I took my STf out and connected it. YELLOW screen!!?? Will check without RGB switch now …. Odd. Will be continued.

Winner61
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Winner61 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:07 am

Ok, when connecting directly there is no issue. RGB switch must be the culprit. Strange though that the TT doesn't have this issue, on both internal VGA and CrazyDots card, also on the same switch. I will check the powersupply. Also that it coinsided with me connecting something to a port and at startup this happened. Sorry I took your time everyone.
Can it be that I have no resistors on the RGB lines and also not on the Mono line. In several cable guides I see this implemented. Maybe the current is to high for the switch?

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”