Stacy internal CosmosEX

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

acsi
Atari freak
Atari freak

Stacy internal CosmosEX

Postby acsi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 am

So I fired up my old Stacy4 only to find the internal hard drives failed.

I know these things have the dodgy SCSI controller inside so I was wondering about mounting my CosmosEX (ACSI version) in place the hard drive?
What adapter would I need?

Bama
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Stacy internal CosmosEX

Postby Bama » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 am

acsi wrote:So I fired up my old Stacy4 only to find the internal hard drives failed.

I know these things have the dodgy SCSI controller inside so I was wondering about mounting my CosmosEX (ACSI version) in place the hard drive?
What adapter would I need?

To use the ACSI version of the CosmosEx you want to make or purchase an internal ACSI cable.
I purchased an internal ACSI cable from Alanh for this same purpose. I changed course and used a SCSI2SD instead. Much more simple but lacks all the features of the cosmos ex.
:-)
BAMA

acsi
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby acsi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:10 am

Thanks.

Also whilst I'm doing the swap is it possible to make the internal floppy drive's ID B? - edit : Just noticed the cable has 2 connectors so "yes"

I also note that with the internal acsi adapter the external port will not work. Is there a workaround for this at all?

Bama
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Bama » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:02 pm

acsi wrote:Thanks.

Also whilst I'm doing the swap is it possible to make the internal floppy drive's ID B? - edit : Just noticed the cable has 2 connectors so "yes"

IIRC, the Stacy's floppy cable does NOT have a "twist", so it should just be a matter of moving the drive's jumper from "Drive 0" to "Drive 1".
I also note that with the internal acsi adapter the external port will not work. Is there a workaround for this at all?

I would ask Alanh or Lothrek about the specifics of their internal ACSI cables. I think that they have a work around. Also, I think that there are some FAQ's around that talk about how to configure the cable your self to maintain external ACSI function. (MegaSTE and STacy share the same internal ACSI connection and SCSI adapter board.)

Finally, ask Darklord to share his opinion. He added an UltraSatan2 to his SuperSTacy 030.
:-)
BAMA

Gaiyan
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Gaiyan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:10 pm

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Bama wrote:
Finally, ask Darklord to share his opinion. He added an UltraSatan2 to his SuperSTacy 030.

I did. It's been rock solid since the installation. I used Alan's internal adapter and cable to put mine
where the old hard drive was. No problems, but I've never had a reason to use any anything external,
ACSI wise, so I don't know what would happen there.
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”