A small problem with MagiC and Desk accessories

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

Silly_Pony
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

A small problem with MagiC and Desk accessories

Postby Silly_Pony » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:48 pm

Does anyone know how to get MagiC to load desk accessories on boot? It wouldn't be a problem but I need COPS loaded to disable key clicking sound. Opening it manually every day is driving me nuts.
1040STe, 1040STf

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: A small problem with MagiC and Desk accessories

Postby joska » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:59 pm

It works exactly like under TOS. All accessories with the extension "ACC" will be loaded during boot. The directory these are started from is specified in c:\magx.inf. See the line that starts with "#_ACC".
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

arf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby arf » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Silly_Pony wrote:Does anyone know how to get MagiC to load desk accessories on boot? It wouldn't be a problem but I need COPS loaded to disable key clicking sound. Opening it manually every day is driving me nuts.

As joska wrote: no difference to TOS - unless you have MagiC configured to do it differently, check MAGX.INF/MAGIC.INF. You can redirect the path to ACCs there.

Silly_Pony
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Silly_Pony » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:30 am

It's pretty much a default setup, i haven't changed anything like that. I just checked magx.inf and it's pointing to the right place.

E: tell a lie... Everything in that file points using @:. Strangely only .ACCs need it to say specifically C:
1040STe, 1040STf

Social Media

Return to “Applications”