All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Upgrades+fixes on my GEM applications

Postby Rajah Lone » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:18 pm

@Eero: thanks for your advises.

Here, compilation tests with gcc and polarssl. I hoped it compiled with the right m68k-atari-mint-gcc and -m68000 cflag.
Building seems OK: libpolarssl.a (600 Ko). No customization. I see the tcp layer is configurable in net.h/c.

So I take the polar path.

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Deflate.ldg (release 3) : blog or directly
- from zlib 1.2.8
- uses ldg_malloc() functions to avoid C malloc() and possible odd pointer crash under MagiC.
- multitasking environment is advised.
- please know that LDG.PRG may not be MiNT Memory Protection compatible.

Deflate.ldg is used by KK Commander to zip/unzip archives, and Troll and Crésus to backup datas.

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:21 am

Some news about SSL support: work is in progress. Polarssl.ldg is built (450 KB size) and the Troll seems to like it (see photo). I passed the ssl_handshaking step, the ciphersuite shows TLS, and the server imap certificate is there for user verification (or not).
The ssl_handshaking is slow, but I think one can speed this by not loading in RAM the CAcerts/CAbundle file, therefore avoiding verification (230 KB size, coming for NetSurf).
After the handshaking comes the SSL receive/send datas. I hope what remains will be easier.

m0n0
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby m0n0 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:18 pm

That's more progress than I expected. Thumbs up! :)

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:19 am

Good news: I managed to access and use my IMAP4 account at mail.triplea.fr using the "STARTTLS" command. TLSv1.0 was asked and it seems to work, though it need some fixes here and there. I think a version for beta-testers should come up early February. I have to implement STARTTLS also for POP3 and SMTP. Also use the direct methods (POP3S, SMTPS, IMAP4S = "SSL/TLS" directly when opening the connexion). And add some things in the Troll's RSC for the user (view/accept/reject non-valid server certificate, a colored lock and informations for the ssl state, etc).

Still not at ease with gcc. I linked with the wrong libpolarssl.a, it was therefore very slow on the FireBee (same problem with my Deflate.ldg, a fix release is planned). -m68000 code was in the Polarssl.ldg and it took about 30 seconds for ssl_handshake() to complete. Here with the correct -mcpu=5475, ssl_handshake takes 4-5 seconds, the slower step is for RSA key creation-exchange. After handshake, the ssl writes and reads remain quick, I wonder if ssl is there, but the IMAP server can't be fooled after STARTTLS.

This using MiNTNet TCP layer. I don't know if PolarSSL and STinG can work together, but I see yet no reason why they should not, and it's worth a try (but in a second time).

The Polarssl.ldg sources and makefiles for the lib will be provided for anyone who wants use ssl. It's not as difficult as it seems to be.

@m0n0 : thank you very much for your advise. PolarSSL is the ideal library for customization, very easy to understand, and very light.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks for this piece of good news. Looking forward to the next release. :)
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:10 pm

A facebook video.

I was not sure until I try with a Gmail imap account.
Gmail uses TLSv1.2, ssl handshake delay is about 30 seconds. But I think it's worth the wait. (with TLSv1.0, delay is 5 seconds).

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mfro » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:40 am

Rajah Lone wrote:A facebook video.

I was not sure until I try with a Gmail imap account.
Gmail uses TLSv1.2, ssl handshake delay is about 30 seconds. But I think it's worth the wait. (with TLSv1.0, delay is 5 seconds).

Great! Will give it a try soon.

P.S.: How can you work with that horrible music in the background? I assume if you switched to something else it might boost your prodictivity! :D

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Whoa... great going with that SSL :cheers:

mfro wrote:P.S.: How can you work with that horrible music in the background? I assume if you switched to something else it might boost your prodictivity! :D

LOL... :lol: One man's food is another man's poison.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Troll 1.7: blog or directly (please, note that the italian translation is not updated, I had no news of Lodovico)
SSL/TLS:
- add: SSL/TLS support for secure connections, with POLARSSL.LDG library (and LDG.PRG in AUTO folder).
- for now, only with MiNTNet TCP layer.
- POP3 with STLS, SMTP with STARTTLS, IMAP4 with STARTTLS.
- POP3S, SMTPS, IMAPS (direct connection, with SSL/TLS).
- optional verification of the servers certificates, with POLARSSL.CA (located beside POLARSSL.LDG)
- choice of the minimal and maximal protocols versions: from SSL 3.0 to TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2. Default is min = max = SSL 3.0.
Miscellaneous:
- fix: crash if offline mode set when several IMAP connections were opened.
- fix: sometimes crash at leaving if offline mode was set.
- fix: cookie detection method preferentialy uses Ssystem().
- fix: donwloads more reliable (timeout reset if new incoming data, expect exact size for POP3 message).
- fix: in main window, folders are linked more strictly to servers items.
- fix: sometimes attachments files were not detected (lack of quotes, pure txt file with « text/plain »).
- fix: files were added (with drag’n'drop method) but were empty in the attachment part.
- fix: test and remove final dot in messages to forward (caused SMTP to fail).
IMAP4:
- fix: connection lost if several servers connected (the NOOP command was not sent for all within the 30 seconds).
- fix: use ‘$Forwarded’ flag (RFC 5788) instead of ‘\Forwarded’.
- fix: reset connections states when loading datas at start (some servers would not initiate connection because the data said already connected).
- fix: the special folders (Trash, Junk, Sent…) are placed ontop of the list if they are not children of others folders.
- fix: redraw problem after deleting (moving to Trash) a message.
- fix: emptying the Trash was not done.
- fix: copy to Gmail \Sent folder is disabled (smtp.gmail.com copy the message itself to \Sent folder).

Thanks to m0n0, Lars SCHMIDBAUER, Olivier LANDEMARRE.

Polarssl.ldg (release 1)
: blog or directly
- brings SSL/TLS layer for MiNTnet (for now).
- anyone can use this library for his own application, a how-to hyp documentation is provided.
- latest LDG.PRG is provided, compatible with MiNT Memory Protection (no client application crash when ldg_close() is called).

Deflate.ldg (release 4): blog or directly
- fix: the final file was linked with wrong version of libldg.a, 68K code was in 020 and ColdFire versions.
- latest LDG.PRG is provided, compatible with MiNT Memory Protection (no client application crash when ldg_close() is called).

To make maintenance easier and to avoid bad versions cloned, the LDG files were removed from the archives of Troll, Crésus and KK Commander.

Voilà ! You can now use Gmail with an (enhanced) Atari.

I have Meg and the Litchi to upgrade for SSL. I think the Polarssl.ldg can be used with STinG, I'll try, not now, but this year in the next 5-6 months.

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:55 pm

I found a nasty bug when I was working on Meg upgrade. Sorry about this fix release, which is strongly advised to whose who use POP3 with secure connection.

Troll 1.7B: blog or directly
- fix: POP3 downloads on secure connection could terminate prematuraly.
- fix: servers certificates verification is enabled by default only if strong CPU detected (ColdFire or 68060).
- add: official Italian translation, thanks to Lodovico ZANIER.

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 am

Meg 1.4: blog or directly
- add: SSL/TLS support with the Polarssl.ldg library. POP3S or POP3 with STLS. Server certificate check (disabled by default).
- add: in friends table, can import Troll’s emails addresses.
- chg: preferences reorganized into panels.
- chg: reorganized menu, the guide can still be called with the Help key.
- fix: windows arrowed were not working under XaAES.
- fix: internal menu wasn’t displayed under MagiC.
- fix: internal menu titles weren’t deselected sometimes under XaAES.
- fix: search in cookie jar more respectful to the system.
Thanks to Lars SCHMIDBAUER

Iphigénie 1.4F (02-14-2014): blog or directly
- fix: internal menu wasn’t displayed under MagiC environment.
- fix: internal menu titles were still selected under XaAES.
- fix: search in the cookie jar is more respectful to the system.

Now, let's see if the Litchi can use the Polarssl.ldg, for FTPS support (FTP over SSL/TLS, explicit and implicit methods).
Work on the Troll and the Polarssl.ldg will resume after. But between these devs, I would like to code a toy application: just for fun.

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:43 pm

When upgrading Litchi with SSL/TLS support, I found a nasty bug that affects all my programs (applications and games): possible crash at start, when the preferences file is read. It depends on the size of the .inf/.cfg file and if RAM is clean or not.
If you uses one of my softwares and got a crash at start sometimes, please let me know on what .prg, and I'll release a fix quickly. Sorry about the inconvenience.

All softwares will be fixed in the long run. I'm currently working on Litchi, hope to release it at the end of March. Using the polarssl.ldg, here on the dev version, secure connection on the ftp command port is reality. I have to do it for the data transfer port.

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Litchi 1.3: blog or directly
- add: SSL/TLS support for secure connections, with POLARSSL.LDG library (and LDG.PRG in AUTO folder).
. for now, only with MiNTNet TCP layer.
. secure connection FTP over SSL/TLS, explicit or implicit methods.
. can inclure secure transfers for datas (optional, « PROT P » command).
. can secure only for authentification (« CCC » command).
. optional verification of the servers certificates, with POLARSSL.CA (located beside POLARSSL.LDG)
. choice of the minimal and maximal protocols versions: from SSL 3.0 to TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2. Default is min = max = SSL 3.0.
. managment for ftpes:// and ftps:// in arguments ARGS and VA_START.
- fix: possible crash at start, when reading the preferences file.
- fix: better handling of FTP responses, browsing is more convenient, no more delays after files list and transfers.
- fix: removed some MiNTnet calls that fooled the client about the connection, crash could happen if server wasn’t available.
- fix: crash if could not send FTP command (server has closed the connection or became unavailable).
- fix: one file (or more) was missing if one reconnection (or more) happened while downloading.
- fix: crash of AVSERVER under Memory Protection mode, when the AV_PATH_UPDATE was sent.
- fix: URL in ARGV was forgotten at start.
- fix: buffer bad sizes for big files, download could crash under Memory Protection mode, upload could corrupt files.
- add: if present in the server’s features (command « FEAT »), the « MLSD » command is used instead of « LIST ». This fixes files dates if there’s no saved clock.
- add: GMT correction for remote files dates.
- add: German date format.
- add: if supported (MLSD or UTF8 in the server FEATures), then special characters in filenames are supported (UTF-8 <> Atari charset).
- add: VA_DRAGACCWIND support (drag’n'drop from AV server like Thing desk), filenames managment improved for spaces and quotes.
- fix: cookie detection method preferentialy uses Ssystem().
- fix: mouse cursor hide/show with AES GRAF_MOUSE function instead of VDI v_hide/show_c.
- chg: code cleaning.
Thanks to Lars SCHMIDBAUER, for his patience and time and keen reports. If he wasn't there, my softwares would be just french crap.

Troll 1.7C: blog or directly
- fix: possible crash at start, when reading the preferences file.
- fix: removed unnecessary MiNTnet calls when opening connection with the server. These calls made the connection opened and crashy even if the server was unavailable.
- fix: crash if SMTP, IMAP4, NNTP, POP3 or NNTP command could be sent because the server has closed the connection (or became unavailable).

Meg 1.4B: blog or directly, with the same fixes as Troll 1.7C

Crésus, KK Commander, Joé HTML Editor, Iphigénie has been also released. If you had a crash at start with one of these, then updating your files is strongly advised.
Details on the blog.

Please note that Meg, Iphigénie, fVDI Snap can be launch in ACC mode only under MiNT, for now. There's a crash under monoTOS and MagiC, that will be fixed in the future.
Last edited by Rajah Lone on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:43 pm

You make some incredible stuff with GFA Basic :)

I have a feature suggestion: Add Tapatalk support to Troll. Tapatalk is supported by thousands of forums out there, it would be amazing to access these with a proper news-client. I'm not sure if something like this even exists for Windows/Linux, but it's something I've wanted for a long time.
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks to Lonny Pursell and an update in his GFA Library:

Meg 1.4C: blog or directly, Iphigénie 1.4H: blog or directly, fVDI Snap 1.1B: blog or directly
For all:
- fix: work now as before in ACCessory mode under MagiC and monoTOS
- add: wrong CPU alert (FATAL test).
- chg: ERR=8 test for available memory at start.
For Meg:
- fix: crash at start under old TOS (problem with color icon). It can be run as ACC, but it's strongly advised to use Meg under multitasking environment.

I will study Tapatalk for a possible use in the Troll, but the TODOs lists are long. And I'm working now for my pleasure (and something to release in April or May).
Serious work will resume at June with the Troll, Meg and PolarSSL.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Thu May 01, 2014 10:30 am

Rajah Lone wrote:Troll 1.7C: blog or directly

I have tried to run this version on my Firebee, but as soon as it's started it resets the computer. I've downloaded it twice to make sure that the file is OK. I've put deflate.ldg and polarssl.ldg in c:\gemsys\ldg.
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Thu May 01, 2014 12:20 pm

joska wrote:

I have tried to run this version on my Firebee, but as soon as it's started it resets the computer. I've downloaded it twice to make sure that the file is OK.

- make also sure you have downloaded the archives for V4e, and not for 68k.
- runnning it on ext2 partition is not advised. Program and datas should be installed on GEM partition.
- does the previous version worked or is it the first time you try the Troll?
- I suppose your $HOME is set (c:\gemsys\home\ ?).
- here, this version runs perfectly. Lastest official FireTOS, MiNT 1.19 and XaAES 1.6.4 beta (from Vincent's Rivière archive). I hope recent changes in MiNT and XaAES have not made Troll more buggy as they does sometimes.
- try with Meg: Lonny Pursell has made changes in the init.o in the latest GFABLIB and compiler.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Thu May 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Rajah Lone wrote:
joska wrote:

I have tried to run this version on my Firebee, but as soon as it's started it resets the computer. I've downloaded it twice to make sure that the file is OK.

- make also sure you have downloaded the archives for V4e, and not for 68k.
- runnning it on ext2 partition is not advised. Program and datas should be set on GEM partition.
- I suppose your $HOME is set (c:\gemsys\home\ ?).

V4E archives, running from VFAT partition, $HOME is set.

Rajah Lone wrote:- here, this version runs perfectly. Lastest official FireTOS, MiNT 1.19 and XaAES 1.6.4 beta (from Vincent's Rivière archive). I hope recent changes in MiNT and XaAES have not made Troll more buggy as they does sometimes.

I'm also using 1.19 and XaAES. And also the latest FireTOS. And I'm using the ldg.prg from your polarssl/deflate archives (V4E).

Rajah Lone wrote:- try with Meg: Lonny Pursell has made changes in the init.o in the latest GFABLIB and compiler.

Will do. But previous versions of Troll did run fine on my FireBee.

Edit: Troll started fine when I disabled ldg.prg and rebooted.
Jo Even

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Thu May 01, 2014 8:17 pm

joska wrote:Edit: Troll started fine when I disabled ldg.prg and rebooted.

How did you install ldg.prg? (117 KB for ColdFire/gcc version).
On my FireBee: in AUTO folder, but after mint.prg. It seems to touch itself, and run after MiNT evenif I modified with autosort function to place ldg.prg before mint.prg.
Launching ldg.prg since mint.cnf may be more stable, but I can't remember why I disabled it.

Troll tests the "LDGM" cookie at its own start, but loads the libraries only when needed (polarssl.ldg/.ca for SSL connection, deflate.ldg to make a backup). Here, no difference with Troll 1.7B version.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Thu May 01, 2014 8:21 pm

ldg.prg in the auto-folder before MiNT. Also tried after MiNT, but the system got very unstable then. Maybe there's a conflict with something else on my system.

I'm using the ldg.prg distributed by you (V4E).

Btw while Troll now starts, it behaves a bit weird. The server/identity settings are lost when Troll exits.
Jo Even

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Thu May 01, 2014 9:03 pm

joska wrote:I'm using the ldg.prg distributed by you (V4E).

Make sure it's the latest. For example, taken for the v4e archive of Polarssl.ldg. Version number should be 2.34. Older versions (ie from old deflate.ldg archives or Troll 1.6- archives) are not MiNT Memory Protection compatible, and less stable.
Unfortunatly, OL has not updated the official LDG website for some time.
joska wrote:The server/identity settings are lost when Troll exits.

Verify in the menu Options > Paths, that the working (and others) folder are correctly set. Does the paths still exist?

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Fri May 02, 2014 9:14 am

Rajah Lone wrote:Make sure it's the latest. For example, taken for the v4e archive of Polarssl.ldg.

That's the one I'm using.

Rajah Lone wrote:
joska wrote:The server/identity settings are lost when Troll exits.

Verify in the menu Options > Paths, that the working (and others) folder are correctly set. Does the paths still exist?

That was the problem. I must have forgotten to save the config after setting the paths.
Jo Even

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:36 pm

PolarSSL.ldg release 2: blog or directly
- built on PolarSSL version 1.3.8
- fix: SSL handshake problem with GMX servers (automaticaly discard ciphersuites where DHE_RSA are used).
- add: SSL/TLS support for internet clients softwares using STinG/STiK.
- new: set_aes_global(), ldg_ssl_set_ciphersuite(), force_tcp_layer()
- chg: parameter added in ldg_entropy_free()
- fix: stack 128K instead of 64K

Thanks to MiKRO / Mystic Bytes (for this expertise and transprt.h)

Troll 1.7D: blog or directly
- add: SSL/TLS support for secure connections over STinG TCP layer, with POLARSSL.LDG since release 2.
- add: misc > security option, preferred ciphersuites files can be used.
- add: misc > mail option, sent message can be copied or not to the IMAP account (in ‘Sent’ folder).
- add: if message is text/html only, then a harsh conversion to text/plain is done for the quotation in the reply.
- fix: smoother transfers with STinG (better managment of E_NODATA and E_OBUFFULL messages).
- fix: password for the nntp server could not be modified.
- fix: bad charset detection for UTF-8 and WINDOWS-1252 in messages.
- fix: stack problem, missing 3rd parameter for tcp_close() (STiK >= 01.20)
- fix: certificate check is possible only under MagiC or MiNT (loading and parsing POLARSSL.CA uses too many malloc() for old TOS).
- fix: remove unnecessary $C+ and $C-

Thanks to Lars SCHMIDBAUER and Lodovico ZANIER

Litchi 1.3B: blog or directly
- add: SSL/TLS support for secure connections over STinG TCP layer, with POLARSSL.LDG since release 2.
- fix: smoother transfers with STinG (better managment of E_NODATA and E_OBUFFULL messages).
- fix: dates of received files were not fixed with the GMT shift.
- fix: show titles in the fileselector.
- fix: certificate check is possible only under MagiC or MiNT (loading and parsing POLARSSL.CA uses too many malloc() for old TOS).

Meg 1.4D: blog or directly

To make it short: SSL/TLS over STinG. I still don't believe it, but it's real. Careful: it takes a lot of RAM, demands a strong CPU, and certificate check is only available under MagiC and MiNT environment (TOS can't handle many mallocs, I could not use Mem.ldg, a built-in memory manager in PolarSSL.ldg should be written).

Roadmap:
- code an util to edit easily Preferred CipherSuites files (*.CS)
- add IMAP support to Meg (better filtering, move emails into IMAP folders)
- multiple selection and ergonomy in the Troll

Voilà

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:03 am

fVDI Snap 1.1C: blog or directly
- fix: for monochrome capture, wrong method that used big TGA and very slow v_get_pixel(), instead of vro_cpyfm() and IMG format.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Social Media

Return to “Applications”