SST sequencer (music program from 1980's)

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

Chandler
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:15 am

SST sequencer (music program from 1980's)

Postby Chandler » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:59 pm

hi

i'm looking for a program called SST sequencer from the 1980's

anyone heard of it, got it or know where i could find it? :D

[/u]

User avatar
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10
Posts: 2548
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 am
Location: ont. Canada
Contact:

s-s-t- sequencer

Postby charles » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:36 am

chandler , didn't i give this to you last yeaR too? why you ask for it this year...i have it some wher eit is a fairly good playback/rec device.

i'm gonna go search the other posts on forum then see where we at?

charles
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

Chandler
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:15 am

Postby Chandler » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:22 pm

hi Charles

i've never asked for this program before i'm sure of that :P

let me know if you find it won't you :D

User avatar
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10
Posts: 2548
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 am
Location: ont. Canada
Contact:

gold i found gold!!

Postby charles » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:34 pm

i found it , where do you want it?

charles
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

User avatar
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2301
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: gold i found gold!!

Postby bullis1 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:36 pm

charles wrote:i found it , where do you want it?


You should attach it to the forum so everyone can give it a try if they want.

I'd appreciate it too!

User avatar
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10
Posts: 2548
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 am
Location: ont. Canada
Contact:

do what

Postby charles » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:57 pm

do you know what happens when things are easilly accessable and common?

people take it for granted and walk all over , just like this forum.

the situation has arose, where people try to help people with things that they have just found on the net..no real prior knowledge,no true answers..
no interest or study in this field...

lets avoid this mis leading and misuse of web space ...


i would like to contribute to the midi/music community
. i know alot about midi ,have learned a tremendouos amount over the years!!, and would like to gain more knowledge of the protocol..
so i try to get "in friend ship" with midi user and encourage more light on the subject...

also what if every body thought to place a program on the net so people could just check it out at leisure,???

pretty trashy attitude, i can see this leading to some abusive and un respectfully users

charles
was this a little too much? if it was highly in demand , i supose more people would have asked for it by now..no big deal ..ebay is a good place to find stuff like this and so is tims atari midi world
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

User avatar
Desty
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:36 pm
Location: 53 21N 6 18W
Contact:

Re: do what

Postby Desty » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:28 pm

charles wrote:also what if every body thought to place a program on the net so people could just check it out at leisure,???

Then the world would be a happier place? Have you never heard the phrase "one good turn deserves another"?

charles wrote:pretty trashy attitude, i can see this leading to some abusive and un respectfully users

How? I don't see that at all... Your response makes no sense!
tá'n poc ar buile!

User avatar
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10
Posts: 2548
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 am
Location: ont. Canada
Contact:

what is happening?

Postby charles » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:43 pm

you had better check your screen or clear your head desty,

my comment make no sence ..

are you trying to make me into a "terminal gluton"???
a nice cheery, happy , jolly guy who , should just carelessly hand out stuff he's so activlly sought.

ten years of trying to find someone to use ,utilize,program , develop ideals ,construct midi programs and share atari midi with , has had 0 success...
in fact i even released couple small programs ,monitered them .. included text file basically saying that please contact me with cares or concerns regarding my program,,or intereest...
and guess what?? ...
downloaded 1000 plus times and no body , not even one person thought to email me ,
no interest ,
no inquires..,
no conflicts,
no glitches , and the big kicker is , no thanks...

how did you get mixed up in this any how desty , do you use midi..
do you now desire sst sequencer.

any how point to clarify" with everybody so eager to use , and everybody so caught up in just trying new"applications" and stuff .
they are seeming very rude ,self centred, cold people who just pass all this stuff by ,walk allover us ,take and take and take until they can't get any more,,then abandon...
leaving it only aimlessly go on to the next same thing
neglecting and abuseing without care or concern.
i know kind of a theoretically veiw but i'm not prepared

any how the facts are present that almost zero pepole program atari midi
and its clear zero people wish to colabarate to form
like a midi band/orchestra/group/arrangment,, so i really give up , i 'm going back to programming my four or five hours a day ...for the past five years and then going to bed.

charles
thanks to all who have helped me
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

Dal
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4178
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:31 am
Location: Cheltenham, UK
Contact:

Re: what is happening?

Postby Dal » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:51 pm

charles wrote:downloaded 1000 plus times and no body , not even one person thought to email me ,
no interest ,

1000 downloads is a good indication of interest, is it not?

charles wrote:no inquires..,

That would be because the program does what it says on the tin and this is functionality that was desired?

charles wrote:no conflicts,

Trust me here - I work in support and do programming. If the phone isn't ringing, everyone's happy.

charles wrote:no glitches ,

....and that is bad because of what exactly?

charles wrote:and the big kicker is , no thanks...

Yup - I was like that for a while. But then I sat back and decided it wasn't going to stop me doing something I enjoy doing and if something I develop is distributed to 1000 people, then that's also my name going to the same people. Anything else i develop has some sort of credibility already (a kind of free advertising in a funny kind of way if you write off the time you CHOSE to spend doing it in the first place).
It basically works like this - if you want to feel like you're doing something for a community, then do i because you get a kick out of actually achieving it. The Atari community are always thankful for anyones input and more so now that there are few of us left.
I'm sorry to see you are so bitter about past experiences, but I'd like to think you'll reconsider your feelings in light of all the free stuff other people in this community have made available to us all.
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

User avatar
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2301
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: what is happening?

Postby bullis1 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:08 pm

charles wrote: ten years of trying to find someone to use ,utilize,program , develop ideals ,construct midi programs and share atari midi with , has had 0 success...


I avoid working with you because you always have strange outbursts such as these. I knew you'd freak out when I asked to see SST sequencer. However, I had never heard of the program before and would like to see it. I thought it was worth a shot.

But never mind.

User avatar
Desty
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:36 pm
Location: 53 21N 6 18W
Contact:

Re: what is happening?

Postby Desty » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:19 pm

charles wrote:how did you get mixed up in this any how desty , do you use midi..
do you now desire sst sequencer.

I don't use midi much anymore, but I am a pianist and I used to compose music from time to time and sometimes that involved playing about with midi. Personally I have more practice writing on oldstyle manuscript for just a few instruments, but I like computer music a lot, too.
charles wrote:are you trying to make me into a "terminal gluton"???
a nice cheery, happy , jolly guy who , should just carelessly hand out stuff he's so activlly sought.

ten years of trying to find someone to use ,utilize,program , develop ideals ,construct midi programs and share atari midi with , has had 0 success...
in fact i even released couple small programs ,monitered them .. included text file basically saying that please contact me with cares or concerns regarding my program,,or intereest...
and guess what?? ...
downloaded 1000 plus times and no body , not even one person thought to email me ,
no interest ,
no inquires..,
no conflicts,
no glitches , and the big kicker is , no thanks...

Charles, if you help people on the condition that you receive something in return, you will end up unhappy often. I've tried to help you out with coding questions before, even though maybe it wasn't very useful to you. However, either way I wasn't doing it for thanks.
There's an old saying that's often forgotten: "Helping others is its own reward". I'm happy to help anyone who I don't think is a prat, and I think you have a lot to offer some people as well, so you shouldn't withhold it just because you've felt unappreciated in previous efforts. If everyone stops helping because of that, everyone loses out!
tá'n poc ar buile!

User avatar
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10
Posts: 2548
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 am
Location: ont. Canada
Contact:

Re: SST sequencer (music program from 1980's)

Postby charles » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:52 am

ok lets put it this way, i have nearly 15 cds full of atari stuff , mainly midi programs and text files...i also have a travel chest full of diskettes...
i have originals and i have copies ,
i have set out in the begining to do something ,i accompilished it , it was to be a some type, kind of electronic/amutaer musician,
a pretty good hobby compared to fishing or drugs or tennis or something...???.

and that was ten years ago, so whats the problem ,

whos problem is this any how?

i helped where nessesary and am left defending myself ...helping people is more than just
contributing to their desire or needs.. its difficult where to draw the line where the help starts and where it stops
sorry guys i'm out , this is not an appropriate place to deal with attitude conflicts or to emphase beliefs
but that program is materialistic
and
advice or instruction is aimed more towards help.

i believe there are two big differences ,something i sought for six years and eventually obtained ,or just something an individual displays ,practices and willing to share.

the next time we decide to contribute to something please remember what it is we are attributing to? i'm kinda confused now so i am ending this .

charles
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

User avatar
nobogod
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:58 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:

Re: SST sequencer (music program from 1980's)

Postby nobogod » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:33 pm

Charles,
Can you say a few words about your avatar?

User avatar
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10
Posts: 2548
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 am
Location: ont. Canada
Contact:

Re: SST sequencer (music program from 1980's)

Postby charles » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:10 am

sure nobog o .
it appears like a picture of deep inner thought and solo excursions.
maybe like strenth and domianence too after accomplishment!!
seems very instontanious with loads of out burst returning to question the darkness or "unexplored-regions"
its great ,better than mine , all i have is a picture of me in the middle of the night with some hair painted on my face..

charles
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!


Social Media

     

Return to “Applications”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests