MagiC Mac on PPC (whatever)

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

Rustynutt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

MagiC Mac on PPC (whatever)

Postby Rustynutt » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:39 pm

Cleaning out the computer room :) (still)

Have had a Quadra 840 with a DiiMO 50mhz card for many years, with Magic installed since first available.
Around that time, the Afterburner was available, long before the CT. Haven't set up the Apple for many many years now. The Quadra still outperformed my Afterburner, with many features not available to the Falcon at the time. Networking was a huge advantage, as was printing and 800*600 16 bit graphics under MagiC. You never really had to look at System 7.5.5 :) Excellent DTP machine.

Have watched development of Hatari, it's impressive stuff with many top notch people supporting and utilizing the softs. Forgive me for not really having interest with yet another PC setup.

So, with that, have never had a "new age" Mac with Magic up and running. At the time, the native version ran so much faster than the then PPC version thought it a waste investing into an Apple (my Quadra was a free-bee).

I want to set up one of the CT Falcons with MagiC soon (once the room is clean!).

Any users have MagiC Mac installed on a somewhat later Mac that can comment on the emulation speed over the native version of MagiC? (my inquiry in short :) ).

matej
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: MagiC Mac on PPC (whatever)

Postby matej » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:52 am

I am intetested in.I have dual G5, 8gb ram, 256mb vga mac.Is MagiC still for sale?DVD? Maybe it will overperform Falcon too.

Social Media

Return to “Applications”