MiSTer Installation Problem

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

field3d
Atariator
Atariator

MiSTer Installation Problem

Postby field3d » Wed May 08, 2019 12:13 am

I’m trying to install in a 128Gb and also tested 64 Gb memory micro sd and I have the error:

Code: Select all

ErrorCode: 0x80004005, Message: 'The segment is already unlocked'
CheckPartialUpdateCompatible()...
Reading MBR from disk \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE4
Read successful 512 bytes
Card is incompatible with MiSTer
At least 2 partitions required. Found only 1
Use 'Full Install' option to repartition
done

I tested in a windows 10 computer and also in a Windows 7. I tried in a surface pro port of the se card using a converter from se card to micro sd card. In Windows I used a usb converter to micro sd.

What could be the problem?

djmartins
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: MiSTer Installation Problem

Postby djmartins » Wed May 08, 2019 3:03 pm

field3d wrote:I’m trying to install in a 128Gb and also tested 64 Gb memory micro sd and I have the error:

Code: Select all

ErrorCode: 0x80004005, Message: 'The segment is already unlocked'
CheckPartialUpdateCompatible()...
Reading MBR from disk \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE4
Read successful 512 bytes
done

I tested in a windows 10 computer and also in a Windows 7. I tried in a surface pro port of the se card using a converter from se card to micro sd card. In Windows I used a usb converter to micro sd.

What could be the problem?

Try a different SD card, that can be an issue.
The error message pretty much says so:
"Card is incompatible with MiSTer"

field3d
Atariator
Atariator

Postby field3d » Wed May 08, 2019 3:25 pm

Like I said I tried different cards and that is not the problem. Including, after this I went to anime of a friend ad I installed in the OSX of a friend and worked perfectly the same micro usb memories. Is with Windows something is missing. I don’t know what it is. I tried in Windows 7 and 10 and nothing.

What could be?

djmartins
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby djmartins » Thu May 09, 2019 4:36 am

field3d wrote:What could be?

:megaphone: The SD card.

Have you tried a full install?
Are you using a 64 bit version of Windows?

field3d
Atariator
Atariator

Postby field3d » Thu May 09, 2019 4:50 am

Is. it the SD card is something buggy in the installer or is missed something to install like a library, but who knows. Why? Because the same cards all of cards don’t work, strange not? And the one I’m playing now in my MiSTer it was not possible install in Windows 10 or 7 and I went to a OSX macbook pro and works perfectly. It showed that errors in Windows 7 and 10 but in OSX worked like a charm. The problem is I don’t have Macintosh and it was a favor of a friend.

Who knows what could be.

wesclemens
Atarian
Atarian

Postby wesclemens » Thu May 09, 2019 2:04 pm

I don't use Windows that often so this is just a guess but you may have some application that is reading or writing to the SD card. Like a virus scan or some kind of search indexing. I would use a Disk Management to remove all partitions from the SD card then try the MiSTer Installer again.

How are you doing your MiSTer Install in OSX?

field3d
Atariator
Atariator

Postby field3d » Thu May 09, 2019 11:28 pm

wesclemens wrote:I don't use Windows that often so this is just a guess but you may have some application that is reading or writing to the SD card. Like a virus scan or some kind of search indexing. I would use a Disk Management to remove all partitions from the SD card then try the MiSTer Installer again.

How are you doing your MiSTer Install in OSX?

Yes I deleted partitions and all and 4 Windows computers can’t be wrong is something buggy in the coding. I never saw in my life something that checks quality of the SD card and that will obstruct memories that are fine.

In OSX I followed the guide:

https://github.com/michaelshmitty/SD-In ... cos_MiSTer

All the things with Homebrew is required to be installed but after that is amazing solid.
Last edited by field3d on Fri May 10, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djmartins
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby djmartins » Fri May 10, 2019 2:35 pm

field3d wrote:Yes I deleted partitions and all and 4 Windows computers can’t be wrong is something buggy in the coding. I never saw in my life something that checks quality of the SD card and that will obstruct memories that are fine.

and yet you seem to be the only one who has this problem with the installer......

field3d
Atariator
Atariator

Postby field3d » Fri May 10, 2019 4:09 pm

djmartins wrote:
field3d wrote:Yes I deleted partitions and all and 4 Windows computers can’t be wrong is something buggy in the coding. I never saw in my life something that checks quality of the SD card and that will obstruct memories that are fine.

and yet you seem to be the only one who has this problem with the installer......

And yet, make a research. There are a persons with same error. One example in same hub:

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/SD-Inst ... r/issues/1

But never post the solution. If the micro sd were defective why work if you make in OS x or Linux without any problem with the same micro sd cards. That checking is something I would not put in coding. Because I tested in a lot of Windows or micro sd as the same that person in the other link, just Windows Maybe requires pre install of something or configure the framework but I think is more easy mount an Odroid XU 4 or Raspberry Pi with Linux and mount the image there to try to solve a checking unnecessary in the coding with the Windows version.

BBond007
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby BBond007 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:45 pm

field3d wrote:And yet, make a research. There are a persons with same error. One example in same hub:

I have gotten that error before and it has always worked if I run the utility a second time. I think it could be a timing issue.

field3d wrote:All the things with Hebrew is required to be installed but after that is amazing solid.

I think you probably mean Homebrew (a package manager for OSX) vs. Hebrew (the language native to Israel)...

field3d
Atariator
Atariator

Postby field3d » Fri May 10, 2019 9:25 pm

BBond007 wrote:
field3d wrote:And yet, make a research. There are a persons with same error. One example in same hub:

I have gotten that error before and it has always worked if I run the utility a second time. I think it could be a timing issue.

field3d wrote:All the things with Hebrew is required to be installed but after that is amazing solid.

I think you probably mean Homebrew (a package manager for OSX) vs. Hebrew (the language native to Israel)...

Yes I will try the double click. Yes indeed there is something. Is very good the installation but like a programmer I would do as Win 32 Diskimager warn to write in any memory usb you plug and under your responsibility but in this case that checking of memories maybe if by space or something would not be effective because sooner or later will crash. Maybe is timing who knows.

Yes you are right is Homebrew the corrector of my iPad replaced the word and I didn’t check, of course, is not Hebrew hehe.

djmartins
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby djmartins » Sun May 12, 2019 5:47 am

This was from January from one person who closed it.
And yet, considering how many people have running MiSTer setups you and one
other guy being unable to get it to work says something.

Return to “MiSTer”