Atari 5200 controller problem

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

strogen
Atarian
Atarian

Atari 5200 controller problem

Postby strogen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:43 am

I just tried playing the Atari 5200 core. My Xbox 360 and OG Xbox controller work perfectly fine with all other cores. Except for this core. I can't use the directional pad, but the analogue stick works, but it doesn't work very well especially in the game Gorf.
I program the controller the same for every core. Directional pad works fine in all of them. Whats the problem? :shrug:

zomgugoff
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: Atari 5200 controller problem

Postby zomgugoff » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:13 am

I'm guessing the 5200 core doesn't have any analog-to-digital conversion for joystick input. The 5200 stock controllers were analog, so it makes sense the d-pad wouldn't work by default.

laserdisc
Atari User
Atari User

Re: Atari 5200 controller problem

Postby laserdisc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:50 pm

strogen wrote:I just tried playing the Atari 5200 core. My Xbox 360 and OG Xbox controller work perfectly fine with all other cores. Except for this core. I can't use the directional pad, but the analogue stick works, but it doesn't work very well especially in the game Gorf.
I program the controller the same for every core. Directional pad works fine in all of them. Whats the problem? :shrug:

I too have this issue, but since the original 5200 had horrid controls, I guess this is as authentic as it gets. :D

Return to “MiSTer”