Very interessing modification to "Goonies II" for the NES.
I love this game, but is a bit janky to play. Hopefully this changes the overall experience. Sounds promising.
- Text is a lot faster.
- Camera has been fixed, now more centered.
- Pressing the select button toggles between Hyper and Jump shoes if you have any of those.
- Start button goes to the map screen. Pausing has been removed.
- Better password screen with more information on controls and also way more intuitive controls (see screenshot).
- New map screen showing the location of some important items. The player is still left wondering what those are and how exactly to get there anyway, so it actually works like a loose guide. It could seem like it makes it too easy, but in the end that is definitely not the case.
- The "start/continue" screen has been redone with quick guide and plot setting.
- Cannot move the hand or the hammer when hitting in rooms. Just use the item and if there's something to appear, it will. I figured this made a better game design. Because if you don't know where to hit you'd just have to hit everywhere until you're lucky. There are no hints as to where to hit. So it was just boring. Even if you know where to hit it is just boring. I've made it quicker by doing this so the player can focus on the gameplay.
- Rearranged the health on the HUD.
- Only need to hit the lady once instead of five times.
- Better controls inside rooms. Should be a lot more natural:
Select changes the item list
D-pad moves the cursor as expected (all directions work)http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... 370286#new