https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

djsquare
Atariator
Atariator

Re: Gameboy core

Postby djsquare » Tue May 21, 2019 6:18 pm

brNX wrote:Hi

heads-up for those that didn't see it, added a workaround to the README to enable analog out (15KHz) for now until a better solution is found/implemented
have fun.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Gameboy ... /ReadMe.md

Cheers

Thank you very much for posting this. I'll try it first thing when I get home from work

Hewhoisred
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby Hewhoisred » Tue May 21, 2019 6:31 pm

One caveat, if you use the custom video mode for analog you won't have the usual HDMI+analog (dual video). HDMI will effectively be disabled for this core.

brNX
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby brNX » Tue May 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Hewhoisred wrote:One caveat, if you use the custom video mode for analog you won't have the usual HDMI+analog (dual video). HDMI will effectively be disabled for this core.

thanks , I forgot to mention that

djsquare
Atariator
Atariator

Postby djsquare » Wed May 22, 2019 2:46 am

Alright, the Gameboy core is pretty good looking in RGB but I still like the LCD_Effect filter for HDMI. It's kinda strange because I prefer RGB over HDMI for all cores that support it but with Gameboy, I'm not 100% sure. It's always nice to have options though.

brNX
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby brNX » Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 pm

djsquare wrote:Alright, the Gameboy core is pretty good looking in RGB but I still like the LCD_Effect filter for HDMI. It's kinda strange because I prefer RGB over HDMI for all cores that support it but with Gameboy, I'm not 100% sure. It's always nice to have options though.

yeah, I'm a big fan of the lcd_effect filter

PhantombrainM
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby PhantombrainM » Wed May 22, 2019 8:16 pm

LCD Filter...by the way...

...the normal Gameboy has black borders in the dot matrix while the gbc has white lines.
There are filters for both systems but...

I'd like to have the filters stored for each system, so you don't have to set it again and again when changing between gc and gbc.

This would also help other cores for example SMS... when I'm running the sms games I'd like scanlines, but when I play Gamegear I'd like lcd effects. But unfortunatly its not saveable.

Just an idea or something I came across for several months now I wanted to share.
Two beer or not two beer? - Shakesbeer.

Dirtbag
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Dirtbag » Thu May 23, 2019 6:38 am

PhantombrainM wrote:LCD Filter...by the way...

...the normal Gameboy has black borders in the dot matrix while the gbc has white lines.
There are filters for both systems but...

I'd like to have the filters stored for each system, so you don't have to set it again and again when changing between gc and gbc.

This would also help other cores for example SMS... when I'm running the sms games I'd like scanlines, but when I play Gamegear I'd like lcd effects. But unfortunatly its not saveable.

Just an idea or something I came across for several months now I wanted to share.

Didn't the game gear use a CRT not a LCD?

ReedSolomon
Atariator
Atariator

Postby ReedSolomon » Thu May 23, 2019 7:05 am

Dirtbag wrote:Didn't the game gear use a CRT not a LCD?

No

reelbigeddy
Atarian
Atarian

Postby reelbigeddy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:38 pm

Can't seem to get any GBC roms running on the core. Game Boy roms are hit and miss, but usually work after a reset - no such luck with GBC.
Anything obvious I might be missing?

EDIT: For anyone else as dense as me, boot1.rom wasn't in the Gameboy folder. I knew it would be something obvious.

PhantombrainM
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby PhantombrainM » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:33 pm

brNX wrote:

@brNX: Your latest changes fix Super Mario Land 6 Golden Coins DX. Now Mario has finally two eyes! Thank you :)

Are in interested in bug reports by the way? I'm sorting some games and found 2 broken games:

1) Initial D Gaiden (Japan) (SGB Enhanced).gb -> Press Start (3x) -> Game hangs up. In Emulator its only possible to press 2x start. The third time there is an error sound and the menu is not selectable. I think this is why it hangs up on FPGA because it should not be selectable directly.

2) 4x4 World Trophy (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).gbc -> only white screen. The two splash screens and the language selection screen is missing.

If you are interested I'll check some games and make a list. If there is already enough to do and it's not important for you its also okay. :cheers:
Two beer or not two beer? - Shakesbeer.

brNX
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby brNX » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:48 pm

PhantombrainM wrote:
brNX wrote:

@brNX: Your latest changes fix Super Mario Land 6 Golden Coins DX. Now Mario has finally two eyes! Thank you :)

Yeah finally caught that one, most GBC sprite glitches should be gone now hopefully.

Feel free to add them here and tag me or better yet add them to the github issues, I have a known list there that I try to keep updated.

I will work on the PPU next and try fix the remaining display bugs (hopefully once and for all), I took some time to work on tools to help me in simulation and will try to expand those now, they've been really helpful.

:cheers:

Return to “MiSTer”