FX CAST Atari ST core

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: FX CAST Atari ST core

Postby ijor » Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm

BBond007 wrote:I did report (http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 96#p355872) that the only messages I saw were concerning the visibility status of the OSD and nothing about button press events - like I did see with the initial version of FX CAST. At that time I was using the physical USB serial console (not the SSH method) + 4 watt PSU + powered USB hub... (https://youtu.be/ANGUdFz7AQ0)

Perhaps that (the lack of button press events messages) is related to running the most current 'MiSTer' bin and is unrelated to the version of the FX CAST core?

Yes, of course, it's the MiSTer binary. Can you run the old MiSTer I provided at the time? If not I will try to build a special MiSTer version with more input debugging.

Does it freeze the whole input, keyboard and controller? Or you can bring the MiSTer menu?
Fx Cast: Atari St cycle accurate fpga core

BBond007
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby BBond007 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:03 pm

ijor wrote:Yes, of course, it's the MiSTer binary. Can you run the old MiSTer I provided at the time? If not I will try to build a special MiSTer version with more input debugging.

MiSTer version 'HPST181010' does not seem to work with fxcast-013-StandardMister.rbf ('.ST' files fail to load) so I tested with fxcast-01.rbf.

Initially I was using the SSH method which is more convenient with my setup, however (because I was still not seeing the expected additional events) I did switch over to the physical USB serial connection and the result was exactly the same.

Using MiSTer version 'HPST18101' and fxcast-01.rbf and USB serial connection, I did get a controller freeze, however there is no additional data - just the messages about the visibility status of the OSD. This is on my MiSTer with 4 amp PSU + powered USB hub using the USB serial connection. I have included the log even though I don't believe it will not be of much (if any) value.

My conclusion is that MiSTer version 'HPST181010' provides absolutely no additional debugging data then the mainstream one provides. The controller and keyboard events are present when running in the menu.rbf core (as shown in the log), so it is my belief/theory that something needs to be enabled/implemented in the FX CAST core...

ijor wrote:Does it freeze the whole input, keyboard and controller? Or you can bring the MiSTer menu?

Yes, (just like in the video) the OSD was still fully functional when the controller freeze occurred. The keyboard still works in the OSD but respective to the core I believe it was also frozen. Bubble Bobble says "PRESS 1 OR 2 TO PLAY" and pressing '1' did nothing - typically that would start a new single player game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paradroyd
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Paradroyd » Sun May 12, 2019 5:45 pm

I've seen exactly the same thing..I'm able to easily reproduce the controller freeze multiple consecutive times, but there's really no useful debugging info going to the console port when it happens.

This may or may not be useful, but I can use the "cold reset" option from the F12 menu when the input isn't working in the core, and when the core resets, input is working again, (until it eventually stops again). It does not require a complete reset of the DE-10 / MiSTer itself to get input back, which since F12 still works to get in and out of the menu, makes sense.

It seems (as I believe you said above) that we're going to need a version of the core with additional debugging enabled to find anything useful here.
- Paradroyd
@paradroyd on Twitter, @paradroyd@mastodon.sdf.org on Mastodon

Lroby74
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Atari ST core is missing for Mister?

Postby Lroby74 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 am

Hello,
like object, i am wondering if Atari ST core is missing for Mister.. i can't find it nowhere

EDIT : found FX Cast Atari ST core (my friend told that)

:D

Return to “MiSTer”