A couple menu/OSD questions ?

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

cacophony
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

A couple menu/OSD questions ?

Postby cacophony » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:02 pm

1. Is there a way to map the "space" key to the gamepad for the menu/OSD? When configuring a controller in the menu/OSD "space" is used to skip buttons, but currently this is only possible with the keyboard hooked up. I see that there's a "Button/Key remap for game" in the OSD, and it seems to work for doing this type of mapping for actual gameplay, but I haven't gotten it to work within the OSD itself.

2. If you're far down in a long list of roms, is there a faster way to move up the parent directory without paging up to the ".." at the top ?

Thanks!

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: A couple menu/OSD questions ?

Postby Sorgelig » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:22 pm

1) you cannot use joystick to skip the mapping. This simply not compatible with original idea. Button mapping is one-time operation per core. So i don't see a problem to connect the keyboard for short time. Or use wireless keyboard.
2) nope.

BBond007
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby BBond007 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 pm

cacophony wrote:2. If you're far down in a long list of roms, is there a faster way to move up the parent directory without paging up to the ".." at the top ?

To limit the size of your roms list, I find it helpful to separate by folders 0-9,A,B,C,D...

I have use script on most of my game rom folders.

You can SSH in and change to the folder you want to organize - alternately you can use the serial port console mode (with a terminal program) in Amiga core.

#cd /media/fat/GENESIS/GAMES
#/media/fat/orgROM.sh

Hope that helps...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cacophony
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby cacophony » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:23 pm

BBond007 wrote:
cacophony wrote:2. If you're far down in a long list of roms, is there a faster way to move up the parent directory without paging up to the ".." at the top ?

To limit the size of your roms list, I find it helpful to separate by folders 0-9,A,B,C,D...

#cd /media/fat/GENESIS/GAMES
#/media/fat/orgROM.sh

Hope that helps...

Thanks, I appreciate the response!

Return to “MiSTer”