I start here with some new and old topics and ideas I’d like to share:
- File browser back button: while using the filebrowsers the 1/A button acts as selection (selects a file or enters in a directory), while with 2/B and OSD button we go back to the main menu. I think that it would be useful to use 2/B in order to go back to the upper directory, just like selecting [..]
- OSD button combo: this is old and Sorgelig dismissed it, but I repeat this idea here just for thread consolidation. I think that it could be useful to have the possibility to use a button combo (i.e. select+start) in order to open the OSD, just like in many software emulators.
- C64 core autoload: I think that an option aimed to automatically execute generic commands in order to load and run the first program in a disk when we mount a D64 image could be useful. i.e. automatically launching LOAD “*”,8,1 and RUN after mounting a disk, in order to “consolize” the gaming experience.
- Max folder length option: again, this is old and I report it here just for thread consolidation. An option in MiSTer.ini in order to customize the maximum number of files listed in a directory (default value 1000).
- MiSTer.ini with <LF>: ok, this is not strictly related to the user interface, but as an user editing MiSTer.ini it bothers me. MiSTer.ini uses <CR><LF> as line break, and, editing through ssh and nano you get unpleasant results. I think that standard Linux <LF> would be more appropriate (and perfectly editable in Windows with Notepad++).
Thank you in advance.