Macintosh on MIST

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

SchneiderCPC664
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Macintosh on MIST

Postby SchneiderCPC664 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:47 pm

The developers have made a tremendous progress in core development. Existing cores are getting better and better and cores that are not thought possible arriving the MIST.
And I wonder if it would be possible to develop a core for a Macintosh LC or newer? There are so many exciting color games on System 7.... :)

Televicious
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: Macintosh on MIST

Postby Televicious » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:00 am

Looks comparable to Amiga AGA spec wise. I'd say it's possible, but Minimig wasn't built in a day. I think the Apple II GS would probably be the most interesting apple device to replicate.

rondc
Atariator
Atariator

Postby rondc » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Another way to access Macintosh II or LC, could be through the Fusion or ShapeShifter emulators under the Amiga core. The problem is that neither work in MiST or MiSTer.
I understand that making a core of Macintosh LC, based on 020 would be enough to run many of the Mac games in color.

The point is that this has been raised long ago, and that is the key, time. Sooner or later a core will end up appearing or the Amiga core will be mature enough to be able to execute both Fusion and ShapeShifter and not kill themselves in the attempt.

kolla
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby kolla » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:08 pm

I can imagine that the problem running Shapeshifter is with the tg68/020 core, as usual... and that the same problem would arise with a macintosh core as well, as it would most likely use the same tg68/020. So... tg68 needs to be fixed.
-- kolla

Return to “MiST”