Deal for core TRS-80 Color Computer 3 on MiST / Mistica FPGA16

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

desUBIKado
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Deal for core TRS-80 Color Computer 3 on MiST / Mistica FPGA16

Postby desUBIKado » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:09 am

Hi everyone, our friend Bruno Silva has made a deal with Roger Taylor for the port of his TRS-80 Color Computer 3 core (https://www.mistercores.com/tandy-color-computer-3/) from the Mister to the Mist / Mistica FPGA 16 in exchange for a free unit of the Mistica FPGA16.

We have started a collection of money to send a Mistica FPGA16, a good quality power supply and a 64 GB SD, customs clearance included for a total of 200 € (this final price includes a discount of 40 % offered by ManuFerHi, the manufacturer of the Mistica FPGA16).

The idea is that those who wish to participate pay € 5 in this fund for a total of at least 40 participants to reach the € 200 mentioned above.

We have already created the Telegram group "Deal for core TRS-80 Color Computer 3 on MiST / Mistica FPGA16" related to this project.

To join the group use this link:

https://t.me/joinchat/FisMsRYTXzAqChyXiO-JFg

Initially the interested parties only need to register with the group without any obligation to pay money, once you reach 40 members you will be asked to send 5 € via PayPal as 'Family or Friends'.

That's all, let's see if we can do this together

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Deal for core TRS-80 Color Computer 3 on MiST / Mistica FPGA16

Postby slingshot » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:49 am

Not sure it would be the best for development a board without any JTAG connectors. You should ask the author first if he's OK to not use an USB blaster.

rondc
Atariator
Atariator

Postby rondc » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:06 pm

I fully subscribe to the desUBIKado post and I absolutely agree 100%.
We are not buying anything, it is a normal attitude among users and we are sending the author a tool like motivation and thanks.
It is a core that although it seems not so flashy is very important, since it directly accommodates CoCo2. Anyway CoCo3 is by itself a great computer.
We believe that a microcomputer core in FPGA is also a great way to preserve.

Slingshot, for my part, serve these words to show you all my respect and thanks.

And it is possible that there are users who can not put 5 euros and two or one are very welcome, the more we are more support the coder will have and know that there are users who would be delighted to have their core in the MiST working.

Have a nice sunday. Regards

sebdel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby sebdel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:31 pm

So, I rewrote this 3 times because I don't want to just post on the internet to say that I disagree and I should send positive vibes for a new project instead but...
As always in open source project, this guy will stand on the shoulder of giants, reusing processor and ICs modules and mist specific stuff (user_io, etc), and he will get all the benefit. It just feels wrong to me. On the other hand, I get that if nobody does it, it won't exist (or will it ? we don't know that either).
So anyway, it's a no from me but good luck of course. Always nice to see a new core.
ps: I feel the same about mistica by the way, unless they graciously offered some sort of license agreement to Till which I doubt.

sardine
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sardine » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:02 pm

would like to join but im not installing another APP on my pc or phone

would support the coco3 port to mist but i won't join via an app

no taa!

desUBIKado

Postby desUBIKado » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:46 pm

sardine wrote:would like to join but im not installing another APP on my pc or phone

would support the coco3 port to mist but i won't join via an app

no taa!

Don't worry, I sign up you because you want to collaborate. With you we are already 16.

Thank you.

desUBIKado

Postby desUBIKado » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:57 pm

Finally, 20 persons have put 10 euros per head and we have reached the goal of 200 euros. Now begins a new phase of the "Deal", we wil send to Roger Taylor the Mistica FPGA16 along with a WIFI Toshiba w-04 card, so he can work comfortably implementing the CoCo3 core.

desUBIKado

Postby desUBIKado » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Roger Taylor already has the Mistica FPGA16 in his home. Phase 2 completed :D

Return to “MiST”