slingshot wrote: sebdel wrote:
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of patch I thought I might pull off given a couple of weeks of trial and error.
I'll try to guess what happens with the music. I just lost an afternoon figuring out that the PRG is compressed and disassembling it is entirely pointless
Yeah, usually tracing in an emulator is the way to go.
I could depack it actually, it uses UPX, a modern binary packer that supports Atari, how nice of them, I had no idea such a thing existed.
Not much progress yesterday, I tried your latest patch that indeed improves stability of 0913 (but still no sound), and then it occured to me that it may help with other modern STe productions so I got a bit sidetracked.
Takeaways on modern demos:
- Motus works perfectly
- We were @ probably works but my monitor can't handle it :/
- lots of stuff these days are distributed as "MSA". I don't know if there's a big difference with ".ST" but support for MSA would be nice.
- How to use The ventura demo: the disk number appears right next to the screen title. Insert the correct disk BEFORE you press space.
- The Ventura/Board and spheres screen properly displays the naos logo up in the syncscrolling lines. That's quite an achievement, it worked on 50% of atari st out there from our observations.
- The Big demo needs TOS1.02
- There are tons of corrupted TOS images out there (esp. [fr]) so if you have a demo that don't start, make sure you can boot to desktop first.
- Soft Reset does not always jump into the reset demos (electra). It seems to work only for older TOS. I don't know if that's expected.
- After the big demo reset screen, there's a reset that does not resets the YM2149. You get a rebooted machine with noise coming out of the audio.