Amiga/ST Core, applications with more than four floppies?

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

Kujako
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Amiga/ST Core, applications with more than four floppies?

Postby Kujako » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Still waiting on my MiST to arrive, but in pulling together my disk image archive I'm finding some applications and games that are on more than four floppy disks. Is there a way to swap disk images without restarting a core?

DrOG
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Amiga/ST Core, applications with more than four floppies?

Postby DrOG » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Of course, from the menu. Or you may install them on a virtual hard disk (hdf file).

Kujako
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby Kujako » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:57 pm

DrOG wrote:Of course, from the menu. Or you may install them on a virtual hard disk (hdf file).

Cool, wasn't sure since things like UAE require "queuing" up all the floppy images you're going to use for a given session. Back to watching the Polish post slowly pass things off to the US post. They wont even give me an estimated delivery date on my MiST.

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Sorgelig » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:26 pm

Kujako wrote:Cool, wasn't sure since things like UAE require "queuing" up all the floppy images you're going to use for a given session. Back to watching the Polish post slowly pass things off to the US post. They wont even give me an estimated delivery date on my MiST.

There is no such requirement in UAE. Press F12 and simply mount another FDD from any file.

Kujako
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby Kujako » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:45 pm

Sorgelig wrote:
Kujako wrote:Cool, wasn't sure since things like UAE require "queuing" up all the floppy images you're going to use for a given session. Back to watching the Polish post slowly pass things off to the US post. They wont even give me an estimated delivery date on my MiST.

There is no such requirement in UAE. Press F12 and simply mount another FDD from any file.

Well... there is for the OS X version of UAE. Could just be a Mac' thing.
Have to pre-select which images you're going to swap between. Seems like a non-issue with the MiST, so no worries.

Return to “MiST”