The last MIST

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

MasterOfGizmo
Atari God
Atari God

Re: The last MIST

Postby MasterOfGizmo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:53 am

You're welcome. Hope you still enjoy the device.
MIST board, FPGA based Atari STE and more: https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Postby slingshot » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 pm

I took a glance on the seller's stores (Lotharek and Amigastore), and I don't think it helps to sale the remaining MiSTs to have outdated info and links to MiST pages (e.g. Amigastore has links to the google code site - google code closed several years ago).

DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby DanyPPC » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:37 pm

You are completely right.

squareeyez
Atarian
Atarian

Postby squareeyez » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks for the MiST.
For MIDI musicians it is the only stable option.
I'll need to get another one as back up I suppose.
Thanks for the hard work you put into it.

redbug
Atarian
Atarian

Postby redbug » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:06 pm

I’ve bought a MiST 3 weeks ago.
I like it!

Thanks for all the work ;)

Gehstock
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Gehstock » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:03 pm

I took a glance on the seller's stores (Lotharek and Amigastore), and I don't think it helps to sale the remaining MiSTs to have outdated info and links to MiST pages (e.g. Amigastore has links to the google code site - google code closed several years ago).

Thats my Mean, the Community should be more Advertising for MiST, or still some Testing for new Cores equal if u use it.
We have over 100 Arcade Cores on MiST but the Mist Wiki shows only Five......

squid4
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby squid4 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:09 pm

I've fixed the links to your cores Gehstock on the Wiki. Any ideas on how to expand this on the Wiki without making it unmanageable please let me know and I'll sort it out.

Regarding the MiST, the problem is the MiSTER. Everytime MiST is mentioned people think you're talking about the MiSTER! On Reddit the FPGA subreddit it's all MiSTER and MiST is pretty much ignored, same on Youtube. It's a hard sell, I suppose, as the subsidised MiSTER is cheaper but it's still a kit unlike the MiST. OK the FPGA size is a problem compared to the MiSTER but for a complete solution with fantastic support of 8bit & 16bit retro devices the MiST is still my favourite, I love using SD cards (like cartridges) compared to microSD and the metal case with the buttons on the front. The SNES and Megadrive cores along with Gehstock & jotego arcade cores have given it a new lease of life. I just dread the day my MiST breaks!

Still, it's great people are using FPGAs more and more and MiSTER seems to have caught people's attention more than any other FPGA and see the benefits over the Raspberry Pi.

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Postby slingshot » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:13 pm

Yeah, most of them don't even know that there is MiST. But the sellers also don't do much marketing, why we do it instead of them? E.g. updating their websites/making some videos with proper VGA capture hardware shouldn't be that hard (even if they don't know FPGA programming, they could do things like I wrote). Actually I don't care how many people are using MiST, 10 or 100. I care about making good cores :)

DrOG
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby DrOG » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:19 am

slingshot wrote:Yeah, most of them don't even know that there is MiST. But the sellers also don't do much marketing, why we do it instead of them? E.g. updating their websites/making some videos with proper VGA capture hardware shouldn't be that hard (even if they don't know FPGA programming, they could do things like I wrote). Actually I don't care how many people are using MiST, 10 or 100. I care about making good cores :)

You do it indeed! Maximum respect for the efforts you make! :cheers:

DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby DanyPPC » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:34 am

MiSTer in not cheaper than MiST, but I prefer the MiST for all.

If Lotharek shall realize a future MiST2 I'm the first user ready to buy !
But actually I'm very happy with both my MiST and MiSTICA16.

Long life to the MiST ! :cheers:

vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vebxenon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:16 am

slingshot wrote:Yeah, most of them don't even know that there is MiST. But the sellers also don't do much marketing, why we do it instead of them? E.g. updating their websites/making some videos with proper VGA capture hardware shouldn't be that hard (even if they don't know FPGA programming, they could do things like I wrote). Actually I don't care how many people are using MiST, 10 or 100. I care about making good cores :)

:cheers:
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

nico24
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby nico24 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:12 pm

We've still got the best implementation of the Atari ST!

Return to “MiST”