chaos wrote:mahen: not really
What does 'works perfectly' mean to you? Do the games that didn't work for AmigOS2 work for you? Do you have ROM updates enabled or not? Same kickstart? Same config? Could I get the hardfile image and the kickstart ROM, so I can test this myself?
chaos wrote:Hi AmigaOS2.
I received your email and tried your setup. There is no minimig-mist version 1.2 on the shared Dropbox account. Your config for Workbench has wrong settings - 68000, ECS, no fast memory. It doesn't seem you disabled the ROM updates - a dead giveaway is that the minimig reboots once, when you load Workbench. You still didn't send me a list of games that don't work for you. Or a screenshot of any other freezes, reboots, whatever. I still don't know what happens (and what you meant) with 'change from AGA to ECS core'.
We need to start from the beginning.
1. delete all minimig*.rbf, core.rbf, and firmware.upg, firmware.bin files from your SD card.
2. delete all minimig*.cfg files from your SD card.
3. download the minimig-mist v1.2 release here: http://meditation.somuch.guru/minimig/f ... st-1_2.zip
4. extract all files from the archive to the root of your SD card
5. download the updated minimig release here: http://meditation.somuch.guru/minimig/f ... 160224.zip
6. extract the file from the archive to the root of your SD card
7. rename the file minimig_mist.rbf (the file from the last archive) to core.rbf
8. start MiST
9. wait for the core to stop loading, open OSD menu (F12), go to the far right in the menu, enter Firmware & Core menu, make sure you ARM s/w ver. is "ATH160221". Otherwise run update.
10. set the config for chipset: CPU:68020, Turbo:None, Video:PAL, Chipset:AGA, CD32Pad:Off.
11. set the config for memory: CHIP:2, SLOW:none, FAST:24, ROM:KICK, HRTmon:disabled
12. set the config for video any way you like.
13. set the config for harddisk: IDE:on, Master: Hardfile (filesys), select file Workbench-3.9, go to exit option and press enter.
14. the OSD menu will ask to reset minimig, select yes and press enter
15. Enter OSD menu again, go to save "Save configuration", and select 1, press enter
This should give you a nice clean setup, hopefully with Workbench already loaded.
If workbench failed to load properly, reboot, enter early startup menu (hold both mouse buttons when booting), select boot with no startup sequence.
When the shell loads, enter: "ed s:startup-sequence", make sure the proper file is opened and edit the start of the file to look like the attached picture. Reboot. If you still have problems, please let me know what they are, and make a screenshot of it.
If everything works to here, you're on a good way. Do remember that NOT ALL GAMES work with the current release, it seems the CPU core still has some bugs - anytime you get an AUTOVECTOR error or anything related to interrupts when running WHDload slaves, that is the CPU core's fault.
Let me know how it goes. Send me a list of games not working (but *after* you've disabled ROM updates, also, make sure you don't have 0 other mem when workbench loads - left click on empty workbench space, and you will see amount of free memory on the top).
As for the games you did mention: Subwar2050 works for me. I didn't find the Streetfighter game you mentioned on your harddisk, so I couldn't try it, but I do remember that at least one version of the Street fighter games doesn't work. Desert Strike didn't work for me either, but it worked once I added NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC & NOVBRMOVE tooltypes to the games' slave icon. Try that and report if it works for you. (Hint: it is wise to check the WHDload page for the game slave, it might have some pointers what might be required to make the game work)
Oh, and please confirm receiving this post
MasterOfGizmo wrote:Where is such a cpu supposed to come from? I know the guys behind the vampire board have a faster cpu core. I even talked to one of them a few years ago and even sent them a mist for evaluation. They never replied (nor did they return the mist). So I must assume that cooperation is not their cup of tea. Who else has a faster cpu in hdl?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests