tRANSFERRING mIDI FILES FROM DESK TOP TO aTARI STE1040

Somewhere to chat about MIDI music creation, sequencers and related hardware

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

darvidis
Atarian
Atarian

tRANSFERRING mIDI FILES FROM DESK TOP TO aTARI STE1040

Postby darvidis » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:17 am

Have been transferring Midi files from Desk windows 10 onto external floppy disk with atari notator format. But the external floppy disk stopped recognizing format the last 9 months. Was fine for couple of years. Have tried two other different external floppy disc that say they are 720k compatable but still not recognizing. Has there been some sort of windows 10 update that has caused this? The 1040 is fine and still works great (love the notator format). Is there a solution? My computer tech blames the discs but I think he's fed up trying to fix it.
I would love someone to help me solve this. Have been using this setup since early 90s, do not want to start again

Much appreciated if someone could help.

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Re: tRANSFERRING mIDI FILES FROM DESK TOP TO aTARI STE1040

Postby spiny » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:00 pm

I'm on the moist recent Win10 and don't have any issues writing stuff to atari formatted disks using my TEAC usb floppy drive, so it's not a windows update.

vinz6751
Atariator
Atariator

Postby vinz6751 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:57 am

Is it just something with the midifiles or would other file types transfer ok ?
I have a Iomega external floppy drive connectedb USB, I use the generic NEC driver for it (which I have to select manually) and it works fine with current Windows 10. I don't use Notator but Sweet 16 (very nice and now freeware !) and Cubase 2.0.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Maybe a Gotek floppy emulator with HxC or FlashFloppy firmware is what you should be looking for. HxC and FlashFloppy can emulate a disk from a folder, this way you can access the files on the USB stick directly on both the Atari (with Gotek) and PC.
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

Return to “MIDI Software and Hardware”