Mounting cifs share to Windows 2012 R2 in domain

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

Tk
Atari User
Atari User

Mounting cifs share to Windows 2012 R2 in domain

Postby Tk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi guys

Just got my Cosmosex installed into an STe (TOS2.06, valid DMA chip), having ordered it around Christmas time. I've opted for an internal fitting, with keyboard passthrough, ACSI via the external port, and using floppy ribbon/power.

It's taken me a while to get my head around everything, but I've started to get things working.

I couldn't get my cifs network share to work (it kept saying Host is Down), so I started to manually play with the mount command directly via Putty, and found the command line I needed to get it to work, which was:

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.26/atarishared /mnt/shared -o vers=2.0,domain=servername,username=user,password=password

If I omitted the vers=2.0 (basically SMB2), then I got the host down error. If I also didn't specify the domain (in this case the local server name as I used a local account not domain account) I would get "Permissions error".

Is there somewhere I can modify a script that initialises the mount command for CE? I need to add these 2 extra options above.

Also, I'm finding I can't work with any long-filename files on a translated USB drive (NTFS or FAT32 formatted). I always get "read error" when trying to copy the file over to a partition on the SD card. 8.3 files copy fine, but as soon as the system has to present the name on USB with ~1 etc, I get the read error. If it's a long-filename zip file, I can double click it to show the contents inside (I do have to double click twice for some reason though), but it still fails whether it's the zip file or files inside I'm trying to copy. I haven't been able to try the same test over the shared drive yet. Is this a known issue?

Cheers
Rob
GamebaseST & DemobaseST Team

EvilFranky
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Mounting cifs share to Windows 2012 R2 in domain

Postby EvilFranky » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:42 pm

I've no idea about how CosmosEx works, I'm assuming a lightweight Linux distro?

Might be mounted via /etc/fstab ?

tin
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby tin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:05 pm

IIRC the ce_main app mounts on it's own for several reasons (see https://github.com/atarijookie/ce-atari ... ounter.cpp method mountShared), so there is no usual mount script involved.

Until the possibility to set options via ce_conf.prg is implemented, you could try a rather ugly hack: the username string isn't escaped in any way, so you could try sth like "myuser,vers=2.0" as a user name. This way the option string would contain sth like ....username=myuser,vers=2.0,password=....
Ugly, but might help for now.

arjanvandermeer
Atarian
Atarian

Postby arjanvandermeer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi,

What happens if you'd mount it during the boot of Linux (by modifying /etc/fstab) to the right mount point?

Thanks,
Arjan

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”