Problem setting WPA SSID - spaces not working

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

retango
Retro freak
Retro freak

Problem setting WPA SSID - spaces not working

Postby retango » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:06 am

Hi!
I am trying to connect the CosmoEx to my Wifi from the CE_CONF.PRG in the Atari. In Network Settings, I try to enter WPA SSID "Net One", but it only stores "Net" (I press save, and the enter again and see "Net" instear of "Net One").
I tried many different combinations, and it seems that if I enter a space, it does not save what comes after the space.. Any suggestions (if possible, I rather not change my SSID to a name without spaces)
Thanks!

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Problem setting WPA SSID - spaces not working

Postby mfro » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:13 am

Not being familiar with CosmosEx, just a wild guess (assuming there is a script meant to enter the SSID into the Linux config files that loses the space): you might get away following common Unix conventions.

Try escaping the space by entering Net\ One or "Net One" or even both: \"Net One\".

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:33 am

retango wrote:I am trying to connect the CosmoEx to my Wifi from the CE_CONF.PRG in the Atari. In Network Settings, I try to enter WPA SSID "Net One", but it only stores "Net" (I press save, and the enter again and see "Net" instear of "Net One").

I've had a quick look into the code, all characters should be allowed there, so if that doesn't work, it is probably a bug. I will check that and possibly fix that in the next release. Thank you for reporting the issue :)

retango
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby retango » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:19 am

Thanks a lot Jookie!

retango
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby retango » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:01 pm

Hi Jookie, thanks for the update! I still can't have a SSID with a space in it,, I can enter it but it does not save it..
Thanks a lot!

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:38 am

Hello Retango,

there wasn't an update about this issue lately (since you reported), as now I'm more into producing the devices, handling the store, and so on, but don't worry, this is not forgotten. Give it 2 weeks or so...

Jookie

dblanch369
Atariator
Atariator

Postby dblanch369 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:16 pm

I have this issue too, but as noted by others, manually editing the wpasupplicant.conf it works. (Just don't change anything in network settings in the CE_CONF!)

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:03 am

dblanch369, retango - saving / loading of SSID and PSK is now fixed for using spaces in the latest update, please try it and report if there's an issue with it.

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”