using floppy emulation Cosmosex HELP

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

jcarvalho
Atari User
Atari User

using floppy emulation Cosmosex HELP

Postby jcarvalho » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Hello to all, I have the first version of this device mounted internally on 1040STFM, I am a little disappointed with this device because it is not usable or I am not doing the things on the right way, have this for more than an year and tried to used it a few times with no luck at all.
This gadget should be easy to use but is a pain in the @ss. I have updated it with the latest ce_update.zip file today.
I try to load several ST files but none boots, show some error but I cant read it because it is too quick and start the loading text thing of cosmosex.
What is my config:
1 USB FAT32 that I place some ST files (no SD card no nothing). I double click on USB Drive icon, double click on ST image and a program loads to mount image.
says:
"Looking for CosmosEx on ACSI: 0 <-- fou!
please wait processing image: ***
Done, Reset ST to boot from the uploade."

yes, UPLOADE not upload, the dammed game doesnt start after restart, if I double click on floppy disk after reboot says data on this disk may be damaged in ALL st images that I have tried.

the other way that I have tried is:
Config drive -> ce_fdd.prg to open it, then I press 1, chose the file, ok then F10 to quit and give it a reboot same thing doesnt work

Can some one tell me what I am doing wrong???????????? Spent a lot of money on this thing and it is unusable :evil:
sorry for bad language but I am pis*** of with this.

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Re: using floppy emulation Cosmosex HELP

Postby spiny » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:30 pm

what monitor are you using? colour or mono ?

jcarvalho
Atari User
Atari User

Postby jcarvalho » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi!!! a TV with scart cable... but the error says something a boot track or something... it is to quick to read
I must say that I never managed to boot a game with this... I think that my device has some defect..., dont know... tried the automation disks and nothing, downloaded several games in st format nothing... I dont know the use for this gadget if I cant use a floppy emulator at least

SerialSinger
Atariator
Atariator

Postby SerialSinger » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:52 am

Have you tried with another USB drive? How big is the one you use?
Any autoboot programs / desktop accessories on the ST?
Which version of TOS do you have on the ST?
Did you update your first generation device with the latest generation firmware???

The more details you may give about your complete configuration, the more chances you have to receive solutions from the developers. Don't trash automatically the device just because something has to be solved: I see many happy users out there... including myself.
And yes, you can use this device for more things than just game floppy emulation! ;-)

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Last I heard, Jookie said not to use the latest update for the older hardware, right?
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

grobda
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby grobda » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:14 pm

have you pressed the floppy select button on the cosmosex? that should activate the first slot (of three)

jcarvalho
Atari User
Atari User

Postby jcarvalho » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:26 pm

SerialSinger wrote:Have you tried with another USB drive? How big is the one you use?
Any autoboot programs / desktop accessories on the ST?
Which version of TOS do you have on the ST?
Did you update your first generation device with the latest generation firmware???

The more details you may give about your complete configuration, the more chances you have to receive solutions from the developers. Don't trash automatically the device just because something has to be solved: I see many happy users out there... including myself.
And yes, you can use this device for more things than just game floppy emulation! ;-)

All right! Let's see if someone can help me:
> Have you tried with another USB drive? Yes... The first one 4GB size, other with 8GB Toshiba (both formatted FAT32)

> Any autoboot programs / desktop accessories on the ST? No, using only floppy emulator

> Which version of TOS do you have on the ST? Rainbow TOS, latest ROM UK.

> Did you update your first generation device with the latest generation firmware???
Downloaded from http://joo.kie.sk/?page_id=474
CosmosEx update file for update from USB drive – download

You will need this if you want to do the updates from USB drive. This single file contains everything needed for the update. See this manual page on how to do the update.

Info about this update file (see the date to check if it’s newer than the last one you got):

Created on: 2015-12-08
File size: 554.4 kB (567691 B)

Why? Because that f***king thing never worked.
Games I tried:
Automation disks: several of them, starting from 0 to 6 and several others from collection and Addams Family ... Now I got a message like virus in memory. WHEN it boots, but
What I noticed is: when inserting the pen drive on PC, after unplugged from CE, allways asks to check the drive. When checked I got FOUND.000 folder with lots of files.

jcarvalho
Atari User
Atari User

Postby jcarvalho » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:28 pm

grobda wrote:have you pressed the floppy select button on the cosmosex? that should activate the first slot (of three)

Yes, when it is needed. If you double ckick on MSA/ST file, a proggy insert the image on first slot automatic

wietze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby wietze » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Do you keep ALT pressed while starting from disk; as to bypass the booting from cosmosex?

jcarvalho
Atari User
Atari User

Postby jcarvalho » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:04 pm

wietze wrote:Do you keep ALT pressed while starting from disk; as to bypass the booting from cosmosex?

Yes... Read that in some posts yesterday... Now I can load a few (2 or 3 disks from fuzion) nothing more.
The FD emulation is buggy

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”