Strange behaviour with floppy emulation-not working?

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

retango
Retro freak
Retro freak

Strange behaviour with floppy emulation-not working?

Postby retango » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:47 am

Hi! first thanks a lot for this great device! I never used an Atari ST on the 80s (jumped directly form the C128 to an XT), so I'm learing about it these days. I finally managed to get CosmosEx running on my Atari 1040 STF, TOS 1.04.
I manage to load images in the 3 floppy slots with the CE_FDD.PRG program from O drive. I select one image with the CosmoEx button, and the try to open the Floppy. I get the message "Data on the disk in drive A may be damaged". I tried with many ST images, even with the ST files supplied with the PDDriver, and always get the same message. Also tried floppy B, the same.
However, if I reset and boot from A (Reset and press the A button), if I open the Floppy I can see and run the contents of the floppy.
I have the defaulta settings in CE_Config. I tried changing some of them, but with no luck so far..
I would appreciate any ideas on what I might be doing wrong, or if this could be a hardware / software problem. Or even if this is the expected behaviour!
Thanks a lot!

Mr Nours
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Strange behaviour with floppy emulation-not working?

Postby Mr Nours » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:53 am

Hi,

This is not the normal behavior.
Did you plug your cosmosex on the internal floppy disc connector or on the external one?

Please review this documentation ( from DrCoolZic ) an check if your fdd config in cosmosex is Ok ( section 5.4 )
http://info-coach.fr/atari/documents/_m ... _Guide.pdf

Nrs.
______
Fuzion, the best french Atari CD crew ->The Fuzion Shrine!
ST emulation and more ->Emulation Atari ST(fr)!

retango
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby retango » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi, Thanks for the reply! I'm connecting it to the internal floppy connect, and indeed used DrCoolZic's guide, and tried different settings..
Could it be a hardware (Atari ST) problem? What I find strange is that if I boot for the virtual floppy instead of booting from C, it is able to read its contents.. Perhaps a driver problem?
Thanks again!

Mr Nours
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Mr Nours » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:37 pm

Ok i had CE connected to the internal floppy disk connector like you. I manage to correctly some disk images, but some others not.

What is your firmware version? ( Run CE_CONFIG on drive O:). Jookie ask not to update to the latest...i did so.

Nrs.
______

Fuzion, the best french Atari CD crew ->The Fuzion Shrine!

ST emulation and more ->Emulation Atari ST(fr)!

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:52 am

There was some issue with blocking one signal from ACSI, which resulted in floppy not working and those 'Data may be damaged' messages. You can try to update and see if it's gone.

retango
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby retango » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:49 am

Hi Mr Nours and Jookie,
Thanks for you help!! I just updated the CosmosEx, and now it works perfectly.. thanks again!!!

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”