Floppy Emulation... My problems

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

opoasum
Atarian
Atarian

Floppy Emulation... My problems

Postby opoasum » Fri May 29, 2015 10:17 am

Hi Jookie and whoever may help, it's Andre here, my configuration:

1040STE
4MB
TOS 1.62

CosmosEX updated to the last ce_config via USB.

I've been able to setup properly CosmosEX to work as HD following DrCoolZic beginners guide and using PPDriver... I've filled all the 14 (C-P) partitions with games, part of them with HD images, the other part with floppy images (.st, .msa), organizing everything by letters.

I can play without problems Xenon2, Lethal Excess etc... from HD ... Now I've started experimenting with floppy emulation... There are not so many details about it on the beginners guide...

I'm interested in it just to run games which haven't been "ported" to HD yet.

I've replaced the original floppy drive connecting the floppy ribbon from motherboard to CosmosEX... I enabled the floppy emualtion in CE_CONFIG and set floppy as device 0.

Now as far as i have understood (and i may be mistaken) floppy emulation to run games can't be used when the HD prepared sdcard is in... So I was wrong in filling the SD card HD partitions with both HD and floppy images...

i've followed these videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTMwjHtlmMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJxdbuTVyVc

So with CosmosEX without SDCard I enter "Config Drive" folder and open CE_FDD.PRG utility to mount flioppy games images on virtual drive...

Game images shall be uploaded from remote and stored on a usb pendrive, I guess... Since I've not connected the CosmosEx to internet I've directly stored the floppy games images on a USB pendrive (Translated, and seen as "G"). I "upload" the images from USB pedrive to the slots and I push F10 to exit... When I click on "FLOPPY DRIVE A:" I should be able to see a mounted floppy image...

But i can't see anything!

If i push ALTernative during boot, it just doesn't load CG_DRIVE.... It's like the floppy images are not mounted... I've also tried to click directly on the floppy images to run games... CE_FDD.TTP starts and loads the image, The A Drive shows itself empty as well...I reset and the ST loads the game...But then If i reset again i can't go back to the "Config Drive", each time i reset it JUST loads the game.... I have to switch off both the ST and CosmosEx and start again...

Hope I've been clear enough, I'm not a computer engineer! :mrgreen:
Thanks.
A.

HuggyOne76
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: Floppy Emulation... My problems

Postby HuggyOne76 » Fri May 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi Opoasum,

When you look at your cosmosex, did one of the light "1", "2" or "3" is lighted ?
After you filled the slot, you must choose the slot with the little button near the lights and... that's it !

Try this...

opoasum
Atarian
Atarian

Postby opoasum » Sat May 30, 2015 2:21 pm

My God... It blew up my mind...yes it was just that... I didn't select the slot(s) on the CosmosEX....... :mrgreen:

HuggyOne76
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby HuggyOne76 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Perfect ! :) Good game ! ;)

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”