A few CosmosEx issue

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

rpineau
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

A few CosmosEx issue

Postby rpineau » Mon May 04, 2015 6:04 pm

I setup my cosmosEx on a MegaSTE. Works well .. but ...
- I put a 4GB SD card in there, HDDriver (8.46) only sees 1GB (Sandisk 4GB)
- I configured NTP but the time is not updating properly (that's probably more of an issue on the linux side of the device). I set the NTP server to point to my internal one like on all my other machines in the network (Mac OS X and Linux boxes). The CosmosEx seems to update on boot but nothing after. I'll try to ssh to it to check the ntp.conf.

Besides this.. great device.
Thanks
Rodolphe
Falcon + AB040 + Eclipse PCI + ATI Rage VGA card + NE2000 Ethernec + HxC Floppy Emulator
MegaSTE 4MB + CosmosEx / 1040 STF for hardware dev
http://www.rti-zone.org/atari.php

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: A few CosmosEx issue

Postby Jookie » Tue May 05, 2015 5:52 am

rpineau wrote:- I put a 4GB SD card in there, HDDriver (8.46) only sees 1GB (Sandisk 4GB)

You might have to set HDDRIVER to use the device as 'ICD compatible adapter' - see the end of this page (section 'What to do when HDDRUTIL reports bad capacity when partitioning? '):
http://joo.kie.sk/?page_id=266

rpineau wrote:I configured NTP but the time is not updating properly (that's probably more of an issue on the linux side of the device). I set the NTP server to point to my internal one like on all my other machines in the network (Mac OS X and Linux boxes). The CosmosEx seems to update on boot but nothing after. I'll try to ssh to it to check the ntp.conf.

The ntp.conf is not used as there's no ntp client there (I think ;) ). Instead the NTP is done in the code of the main app, so it's done after device start. What does 'not updating properly' mean? It doesn't update at all?

Jookie

rpineau
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby rpineau » Tue May 05, 2015 6:48 am

Hi Jookie.
I'll try the ICD trick.
As for not updating. The Time on TOS (in the control panel as an example) is not changing.
It get set to the time of the boot of the CosmosEx apparently and any reboot of the machine doesn't change the time when CE_DD.PRg loads (from the auto folder) it displays some info, including the time.. which doesn't change.
So if I boot at lest's say 15:02 (24h setings), it syas 15:02.. then I "work" on the MegaSTE for about 10 minutes as a test and then reboot.
On the next reload of CE_DD.PRG, it displays the info and the time is still 15:02.

Rodolphe
Falcon + AB040 + Eclipse PCI + ATI Rage VGA card + NE2000 Ethernec + HxC Floppy Emulator
MegaSTE 4MB + CosmosEx / 1040 STF for hardware dev
http://www.rti-zone.org/atari.php

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Tue May 05, 2015 6:55 am

rpineau wrote:As for not updating. The Time on TOS (in the control panel as an example) is not changing.
It get set to the time of the boot of the CosmosEx apparently and any reboot of the machine doesn't change the time when CE_DD.PRg loads (from the auto folder) it displays some info, including the time.. which doesn't change.
So if I boot at lest's say 15:02 (24h setings), it syas 15:02.. then I "work" on the MegaSTE for about 10 minutes as a test and then reboot.
On the next reload of CE_DD.PRG, it displays the info and the time is still 15:02.

Hmm, interesting... I can't check that at work, but I will test it and home - today or tomorrow, and I'll let you know. And if there's some error, I'll try to make a fix for that. So for now - thanks for the possible bug reports, I'll get back to you.

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”