Trouble configuring HD-sd

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

Dela
Atarian
Atarian

Trouble configuring HD-sd

Postby Dela » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:01 pm

Jookie wrote:
Dela wrote:I'm having trouble getting my sd set up as harddrive , I use ICD AdSCSI on a floppy disk , so i keep my floppy disk cable connected to the old floppy drive in order to load the program. But now the CE is only connected with scsi cable and ikbd injector and powered via micro-usb. When I scan for hardrives nothing is found.

Hello,

opening a separate thread for solving this CosmosEx issue might be a good idea ;)
I'm not sure what ICD AdSCSI software does, but maybe you should try ICD Pro or HDDRIVER instead (or is the software on the floppy just ICD Pro?).

Jookie

ok so I reformatted my floppy disk and copied the files of ICD pro again , now I get after the scan 2 possible drives to format :

ID 0,0 jookie CosmosEx 0
ID 1,0 jookie CosmosEx 1

which one do I select to continue?

Dela
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Trouble configuring HD-sd

Postby Dela » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Got past the partition part , sd card partitioned autoboot setup etc..

Stuck on how to get the usb working to transfer images to sd, and i'm not able to go to my configuration disk o: when sd card is entered?

:shrug:

thx for helping

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:10 am

Dela wrote:ok so I reformatted my floppy disk and copied the files of ICD pro again , now I get after the scan 2 possible drives to format :

ID 0,0 jookie CosmosEx 0
ID 1,0 jookie CosmosEx 1

This depends on which one you selected as SD card... If your setup is still 'SD to ID 0 ,CE_DD to ID 1', then you want to format and partition ID 0.

Dela wrote:Stuck on how to get the usb working to transfer images to sd, and i'm not able to go to my configuration disk o: when sd card is entered?

Yes, this is the problem with some of the hard drive drivers - once they got loaded, they stop the other drivers to load from bootsector(s) of other device(s). So your options are (at least these two):
A) SD as 0, CE_DD as 1. Boot ICD Pro from SD card (0) and have the CE_DD.PRG in the AUTO folder of your boot partition (on SD card)
B) CE_DD as 0, SD as 1. This way it boots CE_DD first, then it continues to boot from SD card, and you should have both drivers loaded.

Dela
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Dela » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Ok got it working with option B!

Thx! only problem now is i'm lacking memory to run cubase2.0 :( Before no problem to run the image from usb , only had to get the sd working to save my work.

Almost there :coffe:

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:44 am

Dela wrote:Ok got it working with option B!

Thx! only problem now is i'm lacking memory to run cubase2.0 :( Before no problem to run the image from usb , only had to get the sd working to save my work.

Well, I'm not sure if this is a question, or just a note, but I'll answer it anyway :) Both drivers take some memory, so if you don't have enough memory to run your app with both, use only one when running the app, and then load both to copy data around, if needed.

Jungsi
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Jungsi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:40 am

I'am also back to using the CosmosEx (first version of board) :-)

I've tried version B
B) CE_DD as 0, SD as 1. This way it boots CE_DD first, then it continues to boot from SD card, and you should have both drivers loaded
All seems to be ok - so I can see the config-drive with the applications - but when I start for example ce_conf it seems to start - you can see the bee but nothing more happens - you can only reset the Atari
When I try Version A) it boot from the SD but doesn't boot form CE_DD - so I've put CE_DD in the Auto folder so the functionality is ok
I'am working on a 1040 STF with ICD Pro
Just to let you know :-)
Atari: 1040 ST/STFM/STE, Mega STE, Falcon, TT - GigaFile, SuperSatan, Ultrasatan, EtherNEC, NetUSBee, Unicorn, CosmosEx
Sinclair: ZX81, 48k, +48k, 128k,+2, +3, QL - DivIDE+, DivIde 2k11, Interface 1, Microdrive, Interface 2, Spectranet, Datel+D, Interface 1bis, ZXpand
http://www.jungsi.de

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:58 am

Jungsi wrote:B) CE_DD as 0, SD as 1. This way it boots CE_DD first, then it continues to boot from SD card, and you should have both drivers loaded
All seems to be ok - so I can see the config-drive with the applications - but when I start for example ce_conf it seems to start - you can see the bee but nothing more happens - you can only reset the Atari

I got reported something similar, but the result was the bombs instead of running application (or your busy bee waiting indefinitely). The other guy reported, that as soon as he's not using SD card, everything runs fine.

The other thing is, that in the next days there should be a release / update, which will totally change how running applications is done, so it might improve this or even break other things...

nanard
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby nanard » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 pm

Dela wrote:[...]
ok so I reformatted my floppy disk and copied the files of ICD pro again , now I get after the scan 2 possible drives to format :

ID 0,0 jookie CosmosEx 0
ID 1,0 jookie CosmosEx 1

I made a patch to add type to inquiry : BOOT / IMG / SD / RAW
https://github.com/miniupnp/ce-atari/tree/dev_name
;)
4MB STE + CosmosEx /|\ MegaST4 + MegaFile 44

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”