Notator SL + cosmosex

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

frickler
Atarian
Atarian

Notator SL + cosmosex

Postby frickler » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:42 am

Hello,

i use notator sl 3.21 on my atari st.
With cosmosex i cant get it to work. Every time i start the software i become 2 bombs.
I am using the original dongle and testet some images from the internet.

Is there a problem with cosmosex driver + notator ?

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Notator SL + cosmosex

Postby Jookie » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:43 am

frickler wrote:i use notator sl 3.21 on my atari st.
With cosmosex i cant get it to work. Every time i start the software i become 2 bombs.
I am using the original dongle and testet some images from the internet.

Is there a problem with cosmosex driver + notator ?

I don't know, might be. As the notator requires a dongle, I can't test it now (don't have the dongle), or I'll have to find a patched version :) But you still could use an SD card for running notator, which should be a (temporary?) workaround for this problem.

Jookie

SerialSinger
Atariator
Atariator

Postby SerialSinger » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:13 am

I didn't use Notator 3.21 for some months, so I just tested it right now because many updates have passed since my last run... and it works perfectly. 8)

I have the original full package, and I run it with either the basic dongle or the Unitor-N interface. My machine is a Mega ST 2 with TOS 1.02 and no hardware modifications (Notator is very sensible about those: no hardware accelerators, video boards and so on).

Running directly a floppy image of the program could act differently; better have it on a good old real floppy disk or (as I do) copied into a folder on an SD card, as also Jookie suggested.

frickler
Atarian
Atarian

Postby frickler » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:46 pm

got it running... there is a tool on the first floppy disk that configures the memory allocation for notator.

now i have another problem.

If i create a song and save it on sdcard and try to load it with notator again, it freeze !

I copied my old songs from floppy to sdcard. I can load this ones without error.
If i load one of the old songs, save it to a new file and load this file, notator crashs also.

The original file and the one cloned with notator have the same size. Only Date is another.
Last edited by frickler on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

frickler
Atarian
Atarian

Postby frickler » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:47 pm

and of course, i have an oirignal dongle, unitor 2 and the extension for modem port. :o

atari is an ste with 4 meg ram and TOS 2.06.
HDDriver, cosmosex and nvdi is auto started.

SerialSinger
Atariator
Atariator

Postby SerialSinger » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Try disable NVDI.
In the past I heard many people experiencing troubles between Notator and NVDI; anybody here have more info about these issues?

frickler
Atarian
Atarian

Postby frickler » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:53 pm

hell yeah, it was the combination of tos 2.06 and nvdi.

i disabled nvdi --> bombs 8O
memory reconfigure --> bombs 8O
started notator with softlink.prg --> work like a charm :D

with notator.prg it is not working. Read a Thread that this has something to do with TOS 2.06

I think i upgraded my atari too much in short time (new tos, drivers etc. ) , so no cosmosex problem :angel:

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:08 am

frickler wrote:I think i upgraded my atari too much in short time (new tos, drivers etc. ) , so no cosmosex problem :angel:

Wow, sometimes I just know too little about all the stuff there is, and what kind of issues it could cause (e.g. Notator + NVDI), so I'm glad the other guys who do have this knowledge helped, because I would be not really helpful here. Thanks!

SerialSinger
Atariator
Atariator

Postby SerialSinger » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Very good! Happy to know that we found the reason.

I will be glad to hear somebody confirming the good behaviour of Notator on CE + TOS 1.4, because I'm considering to upgrade my Mega and I wouldn't go for a higher version than 1.4 from the actual 1.2...

SerialSinger
Atariator
Atariator

Postby SerialSinger » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:09 am

frickler wrote:hell yeah, it was the combination of tos 2.06 and nvdi.

Frickler, could you tell me which version of NVDI are you using and which TOS version you had before the upgrade? I'd like to try NVDI with Notator too! :-)
Thanks a lot!

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”