Files not showing up on partition?

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

eebuckeye
Retro freak
Retro freak

Files not showing up on partition?

Postby eebuckeye » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:04 am

I have been using my Cosmos Ex with PPERA drivers writing files to the SD card from atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd.php.

The games have been working so I wanted to try a few other games from dbug.kicks-ass.net. I downloaded the files and created a new directory to put all these new games on the SD card. When I boot the Atari ST and look at the SD card I can see my existing files and my new directory. I go into the new directory and it shows 0 files. Once I exit this directory and go back to my original directories they also show 0 files.

I reboot the Atari ST and I can go to my old directories again with no problem but when I go to the new directory it shows 0 files. After I go to the new directory I can not see any files in any directory. I thought maybe it was because some of the file names were not completely upper case but that did not make any difference.

Is there a limit to the number of files in a directory for Cosmos Ex or the ppera driver? I verified I have 33MB free on the SD card still.

I'm not sure this description makes much sense but maybe someone will have ideas? I have no idea why I can not create a new directory and put a bunch of files into it.

Thank you!

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Files not showing up on partition?

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 am

This are symptoms of TOS 1.02 . I experienced such in similar case, when partition was near to be full with data.
With TOS 1.02 file count limit is about 16000 per partition (at least in theory), so it is not problem for sure. I tried to add FOLDER100 to driver, but it did not make it more reliable. TOS 1.02 is simply not good enough with hard disks. Upgrading to 1.04 is best what you can do. What can do at moment is to spread games on multiple partitions, and not filling them over some 60% .
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

eebuckeye
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: Files not showing up on partition?

Postby eebuckeye » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Ah... great information!

Now I have to figure out how to get my Windows machine to read a second SD partition...

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”