ICD formatting problem [+/- ok now] &network problem [fixed]

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: ICD formatting problem [+/- ok now] + network problem

Postby DrCoolZic » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:54 pm

excellent :)

zproc
Atariator
Atariator

Re: ICD formatting problem [+/- ok now] &network problem [fi

Postby zproc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:04 am

It's so cool, but not totally cool yet because my old Atari ST monitor died when i bought a 'new' STe some months ago to replace my old damged one, that the SCART plug of the CRT TV i have was damaged and the connection doesn't work anymoe, so for now i only have the VGA adapter for displaying High Res mode and i want the color modes too :)
I'm thinking of buying a GBS-8220 and maybe making the cable for it, if it isn't too complicated... (but maybe someone will be able to make one for me, i'm not sure. i'll see i guess.)

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: ICD formatting problem [+/- ok now] + network problem

Postby Jookie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:39 am

zproc wrote:I will wait Jookie :)

Finally I'm here, sorry for the delay (I'm not very much present at the computer during the weekends)...

zproc wrote:is it normal as i just downloaded the Pi image, that the date of the version of softs from it, are from last year, around august (if i remember correctly) when i look in the "update software" thing? Shouldn't i have the latest versions of the software?

Yes, this is normal, as I don't update the image every time there's an update to the software bundle, you just need to do an update and you will have the latest versions...

zproc wrote:edit: yep, ethernet wasn't powered enough as the USB ports i guess.
The DHCP worked and i could do an upgrade via SSH. *cries*

OK, so it seems to be a power supply issue? Did the update went well now?

zproc
Atariator
Atariator

Postby zproc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:48 am

Yes the update went well.

Well, when i first tried to update from the Config tool on the ST, it failed, i don't remember the error. But after that i could update by SSH correctly, so now it's working good :)

It was just this silly problem of the Ethernet and USB ports not enough powered... (i realized at some point i never saw the led of the flash drive i plugged blinking).

Thanks!

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:50 am

zproc wrote:Thanks!

Well, for nothing, I came too late... But at least you figured it out by yourself, good job! :)

zproc
Atariator
Atariator

Postby zproc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:53 am

By the way, for the next batch, i'm wondering, will you have to change things for the Cosmos Ex to work the RPi B+ models?

Because i saw they don't sell B models anymore, and for instance on Amazon, B models prices are skyrocketing.

Just wondering.. :)

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:59 am

zproc wrote:By the way, for the next batch, i'm wondering, will you have to change things for the Cosmos Ex to work the RPi B+ models?

Because i saw they don't sell B models anymore, and for instance on Amazon, B models prices are skyrocketing.

You're right, it seems that the original models are now harder to get. I'll think of something...

zproc
Atariator
Atariator

Postby zproc » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:54 pm

:angel:
Jookie wrote:
zproc wrote:By the way, for the next batch, i'm wondering, will you have to change things for the Cosmos Ex to work the RPi B+ models?

You're right, it seems that the original models are now harder to get. I'll think of something...

My bad, well maybe harder to get... as for instance in France the official retailer doesn't sell the B model anymore, but actually they still make them, and i saw that the official sellers in UK still sell them. So i guess it shouldn't be too difficult to get some. :)

ScreamingJoeBlade
Atariator
Atariator

Re: ICD formatting problem [+/- ok now] &network problem [fixed]

Postby ScreamingJoeBlade » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Just read this thread - I've had similar problems. Both network and partitioning issues.I will swap out my USB charger to see if it helps my network issues.

I've partition an SDHC card with ICD off a floppy drive several times but my Atari STe doesn't see them. I'm thinking the drive is too large (16gb) and I should try and find a smaller one.

ScreamingJoeBlade
Atariator
Atariator

Postby ScreamingJoeBlade » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:37 pm

OK - It turns out that my CosmosEx didn't like the USB charger I was using. Swapped it out for another one and all of a sudden I stopped having problems - sometimes the USB keyboard didn't work.

Also - I guess it pays to try different SD cards out - found a Kingston 4Gb SDHC that works. Finally have partitioned drive up!

Question - as the CE_DD driver doesn't always boot up (I have the CE drive as 1 and the SD card as 0) - can I copy a version to the bootable harddrive portion of my SD card? will that work?

Another issue: Trying to copy files from my floppy drive to the SD card. It seems anything that does not have a 3 letter ext (IE .prg) after it, does not want to be copied. Any clue?

Thanks.

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:26 am

ScreamingJoeBlade wrote:Question - as the CE_DD driver doesn't always boot up (I have the CE drive as 1 and the SD card as 0) - can I copy a version to the bootable harddrive portion of my SD card? will that work?

It should work, but I still have to solve the cold boot issue, which might prevent your CE_DD not being loaded every time (at least on the cold boot).

ScreamingJoeBlade wrote:Another issue: Trying to copy files from my floppy drive to the SD card. It seems anything that does not have a 3 letter ext (IE .prg) after it, does not want to be copied. Any clue?

I will have to test that. What TOS version you are using? What driver are you using for the SD card?

ScreamingJoeBlade
Atariator
Atariator

Postby ScreamingJoeBlade » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:36 pm

Jookie wrote:
ScreamingJoeBlade wrote:Question - as the CE_DD driver doesn't always boot up (I have the CE drive as 1 and the SD card as 0) - can I copy a version to the bootable harddrive portion of my SD card? will that work?

It should work, but I still have to solve the cold boot issue, which might prevent your CE_DD not being loaded every time (at least on the cold boot).

I boot my CosmosEx first before booting the Atari - does that help?

Jookie wrote:
ScreamingJoeBlade wrote:Another issue: Trying to copy files from my floppy drive to the SD card. It seems anything that does not have a 3 letter ext (IE .prg) after it, does not want to be copied. Any clue?

I will have to test that. What TOS version you are using? What driver are you using for the SD card?

STe 4096 with TOS 1.06. Using ICD driver found on your page.

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:44 pm

OK, thanks for the info, I will check that out and report if I find anything...

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”